WOW
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: WOW

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    Make America Great Again

    Apr 2013
    Oregon
    1,640
    3775 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    WOW

    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

  2. #2
    us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    1,445
    2140 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    Not surprising.....But pretty cool though..
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

    Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

  3. #3
    us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner.

    Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    694
    789 times
    Prospecting
    Thats a lot of mercury, I have watched some of this guys other videos he's pretty liberal with the stuff I wonder how long he has LOL.

  4. #4
    us
    Aug 2004
    Olympia WA
    Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
    858
    1870 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by N-Lionberger View Post
    Thats a lot of mercury, I have watched some of this guys other videos he's pretty liberal with the stuff I wonder how long he has LOL.
    He will be around as long as you and I...Mercury is not nearly a toxic as the Govt. wants you to believe.

  5. #5
    us
    Gold Tramp

    Dec 2012
    1,031
    1941 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaro View Post
    He will be around as long as you and I...Mercury is not nearly a toxic as the Govt. wants you to believe.
    This one thinks its still nasty stuff.
    Gt...

  6. #6
    us
    Oct 2015
    Northern Nevada
    MineLab GPZ 7000 Garrett ATX Pro
    320
    473 times
    Prospecting
    We recently found a really nice outcropping of mercury ore (cinnabar) out in the middle of nowhere in Northern Nevada.

    Must have been worth a mint a hundred years ago lol.

  7. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    3,539
    10274 times
    Prospecting
    It's still worth a mint Rail Dawg. At $1 a gram retail it's worth almost twice as much as spot silver.

    Heavy Pans

  8. #8
    us
    Oct 2015
    Northern Nevada
    MineLab GPZ 7000 Garrett ATX Pro
    320
    473 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    It's still worth a mint Rail Dawg. At $1 a gram retail it's worth almost twice as much as spot silver.
    No kidding? We didn't even check as we thought mercury was a has-been element.

    It was found on un-claimed BLM land and there was quite a bit of it.

    Truly out in the middle of nowhere lol.

    Thanks for the info.

  9. #9
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    3,539
    10274 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Dawg View Post
    No kidding? We didn't even check as we thought mercury was a has-been element.

    It was found on un-claimed BLM land and there was quite a bit of it.

    Truly out in the middle of nowhere lol.

    Thanks for the info.
    2,000 tons a year used in the U.S. alone. Ever hear of fluorescent lightning? How about Vinyl? PVC?

    Yep Mercury.

    Heavy Pans

  10. #10

    Dec 2012
    on the rocks - so cal county line
    Gold bug pro / Whites coin master II
    1,197
    492 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    So how does the gold prosess go ?
    Crush rock and the gold floats and what about the cruchec rock ?
    Now that the dirty work is done all's that is left is the digging

  11. #11
    Make America Great Again

    Apr 2013
    Oregon
    1,640
    3775 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
    So how does the gold prosess go ?
    Crush rock and the gold floats and what about the cruchec rock ?
    Gold forms a solution in mercury called an amalgam, they have to come in contact with each other.
    read "all about mercury" on this page; Basement Chemistry for the Prospector
    Last edited by winners58; Jun 10, 2018 at 01:20 AM.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

  12. #12
    us
    Aug 2004
    Olympia WA
    Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
    858
    1870 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold tramp View Post
    This one thinks its still nasty stuff.
    Gt...
    Just dont swallow everything you are fed and you will be fine
    Reed Lukens likes this.

  13. #13
    us
    Gold Tramp

    Dec 2012
    1,031
    1941 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaro View Post
    Just dont swallow everything you are fed and you will be fine
    Only thing bein fed round here is a 4x6 burford jaw crush makiin big rocks into gravel
    An arrastra bein fed gravel makin it into sand.

    A shaker table bein fed sand and makin yellow metal.

    Finaly i will use some mercury catch that yellow.

    You use much mercury this week?
    It should be like the bumper, sticker. If you weren't there shut up.
    Just funnin.

    Guess cause i use it often i have a differant respect for it.
    Gt.....

  14. #14
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

    Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    1,973
    3747 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by gold tramp View Post
    Only thing bein fed round here is a 4x6 burford jaw crush makiin big rocks into gravel
    An arrastra bein fed gravel makin it into sand.

    A shaker table bein fed sand and makin yellow metal.

    Finaly i will use some mercury catch that yellow.

    You use much mercury this week?
    It should be like the bumper, sticker. If you weren't there shut up.
    Just funnin.

    Guess cause i use it often i have a differant respect for it.
    Gt.....
    Yup, long term exposure gets'em every time. We almost bought a cinnabar mine but the life long owners didn't have enough calcium left in their bones to keep them from breaking all the time... After seeing them and what was left of their health, we walked away from it.

  15. #15
    us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    5,505
    11988 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I knew a guy whos family owned land in Terlingua Tx.

    They had old Cinnabar mines on it. He said you on hot days with the right light you could see fumes at the heads of the shafts and waste piles.

    I don't know if that's true or even possible but he told me.\

    True or not I wouldn't camp near cinnabar deposits... especially on hot days
    Asmbandits likes this.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0