Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: New Prospector, getting skunked!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mr

Mar 2013
    Meridian Id
    Minelab SE, AT Pro Gold, White's IDX
    490 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Great machine however perhaps not the best choice for gold. If you are hunting just for gold you may want to look at a different machine. When I am up looking for nuggets I use the AT Gold, the predecessor to yours, however I accept it is not the best choice for what I am doing.
    All the Best Richie Rich

bug

Jun 2008
    Nor Cal
    309 times
    Stay away from those $2000 dollar claims. Any good ground is worth far more. These penny stock claims are usually being sold by career claim flippers that prey on individuals getting started in prospecting and mining. If you can get onto some of the small creeks or low pressure hydraulic ground sluice type areas, you should start finding gold. They are the easiest places to begin with. Look for that shallow bedrock. Vugs and small cracks are good places to swing over. Tailing piles too, if you work it systematically digging layer by layer. I know guys stripping overburden 5 feet deep chasing bedrock,
    but it pays... sometimes. Successful prospecting is hard work no doubt.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11683 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    Stay away from those $2000 dollar claims. Any good ground is worth far more. These penny stock claims are usually being sold by career claim flippers that prey on individuals getting started in prospecting and mining. If you can get onto some of the small creeks or low pressure hydraulic ground sluice type areas, you should start finding gold. They are the easiest places to begin with. Look for that shallow bedrock. Vugs and small cracks are good places to swing over. Tailing piles too, if you work it systematically digging layer by layer. I know guys stripping overburden 5 feet deep chasing bedrock,
    but it pays... sometimes. Successful prospecting is hard work no doubt.

Yep pick and shovel will get you detectable gold that coils can't hit. Just sayin'

You do want to hunt with a machine that will pick up gold without having to rub it right on the coil...

And I don't mean in comparison to keeping a GB2 on the ground...I mean like rubbing a damned gold ring on a bounty hunter...and wondering if you turned it on
    goldenmojo and bug like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links