Vulture Mine is Hiring

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The famous Vulture Gold Mine is hiring shift workers for 12 hour weekend shifts.

This mine has been worked since Henry Wickenburg began mining there in 1863.
The Vulture is one of the most historically productive gold mines in the southwest.
The Vulture was one of the few gold mines allowed to keep mining during WWII.
This is the same mine Jacob Walz (the Lost Dutchman) higraded his ore from. :headbang:

If you are qualified and willing to face the 108 degree temperatures we've been experiencing lately this might be your chance to make a few bucks mining a bit of history.

Heavy Pans

Upvote 0

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
They are trying to make the vulture mine and the ghost town a tourist attraction. The company that purchased the mine that is located on a seperate property may make a pit mine out of it. The tourist attraction is only open a few hours a day so I doubt the 12 hour weekend shifts are at the closed vulture mine. You can read some more interesting facts at MEDIA + EVENTS ? Vulture Mine

The actual vulture mine closed permanently in 1942
http://www.vultureminetours.com/s/NEVER_QUITE_LOST1.pdf

It is the actual mine they're reopening. It's already in process of becoming an open pit. The tourist portion of things was a condition of the sale and opening of the open pit mining phase of exploration. Reserves are in the 325,000 ounces of gold range, but I'm not sure what level of reserve they are speak of directly. That could be inferred, proven, or otherwise.

If you drop the gps in on the mine, it'll show you it is the old vulture being reworked.

Here's the mine in April of 2013

vulture 2013.jpg

And in September of 2017

vulture.jpg

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
It is the actual mine they're reopening. It's already in process of becoming an open pit. The tourist portion of things was a condition of the sale and opening of the open pit mining phase of exploration. Reserves are in the 325,000 ounces of gold range, but I'm not sure what level of reserve they are speak of directly. That could be inferred, proven, or otherwise.

If you drop the gps in on the mine, it'll show you it is the old vulture being reworked.

Here's the mine in April of 2013

View attachment 1603312

And in September of 2017

View attachment 1603313

It looked like that in 2014 when they started poking exploration holes.
It hasnt changed much since 2014.

Stuff like that makes the news. Can you point us to an article? Or to where you got your 325,000 oz figure?

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
It looked like that in 2014 when they started poking exploration holes.
It hasnt changed much since 2014.

Stuff like that makes the news. Can you point us to an article? Or to where you got your 325,000 oz figure?

This is it in 2014.

vulture 2014.jpg

Difference between 14 and now is huge. Entire processing facility built on the pad that was first put down in 2014 on top center right. Cyanide tanks, conveyors. Water holding and tailings dewatering system put in place.

If you look up who owns it, track down their webpage, you'll find the reserves listed there. Or it could've been one of the mining news pages I follow. Not the weekend prospectors, but the news of the junior, major and super major gold exploration companies.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Vulture Peak Gold LP in Toronto Canada owns it. Unfortunately their website is down and has been down for quite some time.

http://www.vulturepeakgold.com

Vulture Mine is the official website of vulture mine. It says vulture peak gold lp purchased it in 2011 and that they are going to do test holes. It also says they are turning the mine and ghost town into a tourist attraction

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180618-230253.jpg
    Screenshot_20180618-230253.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread