Club Outing???

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, AT Pro Gold, White's IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does your club do to help promote interest in gold prospecting? Here we hosted an event for a museum. Over 44 car loads of people showed up and had a good time. A few memberships were sold with promises of more to come. Very positive community event.

20180616_114119.jpg

Upvote 0

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That seems like a good way to bring members in.
We haven't had many big club events but we try to yet together as much as we can to dig together and we hold club invites for club members at our claims.
We don't have club claims. We prospect and stake our own claims so it's more about the actual prospecting and formalities of staking a claim.
The mining education comes after you've learned the basics which is how I wanted to do it.
There are plenty of clubs with private claims but that's not for me. I wanted my own gold.

Gambrinus

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did that event happen on Grimes creek? Also which museum did the proceeds go to?

OP
OP
R

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That seems like a good way to bring members in.
We haven't had many big club events but we try to yet together as much as we can to dig together and we hold club invites for club members at our claims.
We don't have club claims. We prospect and stake our own claims so it's more about the actual prospecting and formalities of staking a claim.
The mining education comes after you've learned the basics which is how I wanted to do it.
There are plenty of clubs with private claims but that's not for me. I wanted my own gold.

We enjoyed it. How do you find new members?

OP
OP
R

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did that event happen on Grimes creek? Also which museum did the proceeds go to?

Grimes Creek/Pass area. Miss Lucy. Idaho Museum of Mining and Geology put on the event

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions