flower gold,need hlep!

sthrngold07

Sep 11, 2007
I have worked down some material to a fine mesh and know that the place where I got the material is known to have only a lil color and I was needing to know how to get the 'flower gold' out.There's been some small,small stuff in the bottom of the pan,but when I stick it with a pin it breaks,so I know that's fools gold,but there's still color that don't,so how do I extract it out?thanks for any help

Upvote 0

faaus

Greenie
Apr 23, 2006
It is important, when working with fine cons, to work small amounts very slowly and carefully.

Put about a teaspoonful in your pan. Adding some Jet-Dri will reduce surface tension and prevent floating the fine gold.

I assume that you have some experience panning. For me, it is easier to pan, in this situation, without using the pan's riffles. Take your time and you sould see some fine gold (if there is any present.)

Good Luck,
faaus

johnboy54

Greenie
Sep 16, 2006
Johnson City TN
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 202
sthrngold07 said:
I have worked down some material to a fine mesh and know that the place where I got the material is known to have only a lil color and I was needing to know how to get the 'flower gold' out.There's been some small,small stuff in the bottom of the pan,but when I stick it with a pin it breaks,so I know that's fools gold,but there's still color that don't,so how do I extract it out?thanks for any help

Hey My Brother Uses A Flux Mixed In With His Material And Melts It In A Kiln And Reterives It As Small Beads

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
I think kellyco also sells a desert fox and another brand that will take the fines out pretty well too. I have use one before and it does get the small stuff.

If you want to melt it, you can as mentioned before, throw it into a crucible and melt it, put some borax on it as flux and melt it down into a bead. The borax will help draw some of the impurities out of it but not all, you'd really need to treat it with AR then precipitate it to get a pure sample.

Aaron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread