Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Purchasing a Mining Claim - Mining Education Lesson

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2013
    Motherlode, CA
    Gold Bug Pro
    958 times
    Thanks but I have decided not to pursue it. Not worth the time or money. I will be haveing a face to face with the jackhole(not the claim holder) who was responsible though.

us
    Apr 2019
    Yuba City California
    GPZ7000 EQUINOX800 MOSSBERG 12 GA.
    26 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by QNCrazy View Post
    Thanks TN. I was looking on CL, Modesto, CA a few weeks back, and saw a couple of claims around my area for sale. Tey all had the same price, $1500. I recognized the name of one the creeks that I didn't recognize as having a rich history. So I did a little research and discovered there has never been a single claim in the area, ever! no history at all. I was already thinking this was a scam. I started digging a little deeper and found the name of the claim owner. I did a search of the owners name in one of the online data bases. His name hit on thirteen claims, 10 currently in his name. All 10 of the claims were filed in April, 2018, with no previous history. Upon researching the other three claims, each of them indicated he transferred the claims to someone else which led me to beleive there were three victims with worthless claims. There's some real snakes out there.

I shared this information with our club at one of our meetings. During the break, one of the newer members who was thinking about purchasing a cliam, came up to me and shook my hand, thanking me for saving them from making a big mistake.

Great Topic! Great Information! Do your research before buying claims.
    When I purchased my claim, I met the seller at the county offices where the employee behind the counter completed the paperwork and confirmed that the seller was the present owner and the claim was legally registered in my name, that was when I handed the agreed upon cash over to the seller.
    et1955 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links