Finding existing active mineral claim coordinates?

Hi-Sluicer

Greenie
Sep 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not new to any of this just wondering if anyone will share information websites where i can find coordinates for claims. Ive tried the diggings and mindat with no success. I dont want to dig on someone elses claim and after being on site it seemed claims were everywhere but not clearly marked, posts broken no markers indicating claim number owner or anything other than stakes and flags however i know i was in the right area and there were tailings everywhere. You could even see the deposits in the benches and sluice runs from old timers

Upvote 0

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use My Land matters zoom in on location then select the 'i" and click on a "section"
you can get a fairly good idea by reading what 1/4 section the claim is in, ie NW 1/4, SW 1/4 ect...
to get accurate claim lines you would then go to the county recorder and search claim Location by Township Range Section.
each location document will have a "description" that looks like E1/2 of the W1/2 of the SW1/4
then you can mark that on your section map,
TRS map, one section;
22-claim-staking.jpg

Last edited:

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use My Land matters zoom in on location then select the 'i" and click on a "section"
you can get a fairly good idea by reading what 1/4 section the claim is in, ie NW 1/4, SW 1/4 ect...
to get accurate claim lines you would then go to the county recorder and search claim Location by Township Range Section.
each location document will have a "description" that looks like E1/2 of the W1/2 of the SW1/4
then you can mark that on your section map,
TRS map, one section;
View attachment 1608885

What Winner58 said....and... mining claims are not usually recorded using coordinates, BLM doesn't accept them.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To answer your question directly, there is NO site which will give you the coordinates of claims. It’s all on paper.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you have the description of a claim you can use PLSS second division then you can write down the coordinates of the corners
or where the claim lines cross a road or creek to enter into a GPS or use push pins like in Google earth.
I always like having the full Forest service paper maps of an area, helps to compare with, draw, put notes on...
coordinates.jpg . gps.jpg

* 20 acres -
S1/2 of the NE1/4 of the NE1/4 sec. 27

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hi-Sluicer

Greenie
Sep 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys i appreciate the help. I was able to triangulate a claim using all my material and find the markers accurately

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you guys i appreciate the help. I was able to triangulate a claim using all my material and find the markers accurately

Isn’t that a great feeling when you walk up on a marker?

Well done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread