South Platte river. Deckers area. Gold panning, sluice allowed?

OP
OP
W

wizerdgreg

Sep 9, 2014
Thank you for the reply.. will be in that area this coming September.. found gold in that area years ago.

OP
OP
W

wizerdgreg

Sep 9, 2014
Any reasons why I can't dredge the South Platte River.. in the Deckers area?
Please let me know.. thank you..

OP
OP
W

wizerdgreg

Sep 9, 2014
Thank you again for the reply. Just don't want this old man stepping on someone's toes..

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most of that portion of the river is private property. Find the areas that aren't private property and not one of the recreational camping areas and you might have some luck if you can find access. The known placers are on Horse Creek but that's pretty much all private property.

Heavy Pans

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This member has a new book out and there is probably mention of where to look in the Deckers area(?) as well as for many other locations both close by and far away in Colorado. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/prospectors-journals/463741-kevin-colorado-elsewhere.html.

Good luck.

Thanks for mentioning my book AZ! I blew off Deckers because there’s very little gold and very lot of private property. The book includes the south part of Chatfield State Park (pans only) which is just a bit north of there...and lots of other spots further north of course.
Since you mentioned it, learn more at www.findingGOLDinColorado.com

Lots of free dig sites documented there and info about helpful resources like books and prospecting gear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions