Estwing long rock pick

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You call that a pick mate? Now THIS is a pick! Hermit Pick by Calvin "Bunk" Bunker:skullflag:

Attachments

• HermitPicks.jpg
    HermitPicks.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 165
OP
OP
R

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
Lol I bought a home made pick like that from someone here on the forum 10 years ago and all the welds were cold, and the pick head snapped off before I ever used it in the field. I got a estwing paleo pick today in the mail
EB6B8EA0-5E0C-499A-9F13-C98D525B8D9C.jpeg
Obviously slightly diff tools for detecting vs sniping vs mining

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The handle on the Eastwing Paleo will bend if you try to lever with it. Other than that it's an good pick for all around light rock work. For detecting Bunk's Hermit pick is the best I've found.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
R

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
Ya I know better than that, I’ve actually bent handles on a 48” prybar trying to move rocks way back

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with you new Estwing. They make a great product. I have their large and small pick hammers, for 35 years now.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their 18" Gad Pry Bar is a superb tool that used properly will move way more than one would expect...................63bkpkr

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a Eastwing long handle and someone jacked it out of the back of my truck...miss that pick. It's a Warhammer

OP
OP
R

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
Their 18" Gad Pry Bar is a superb tool that used properly will move way more than one would expect...................63bkpkr

I have the older 18” and I just saw the GAD one, ya I like that but $$$.
see what I can find at the auction tomorrow

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My dad uncle and gpa were brick and stone masons and I always remember estwing brick hammers and chisels and three pounders around the jobsites. Theyd wear them out before they broke them.
I've always preferred estwing framing hammers working construction and have an assortment of estwing tools, Geo pick, rock hammers, camp axe, hatchet, gad bar. Can't go wrong with estwing. Some of the worlds strongest handles.

Last edited:

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep Estwing makes a good product. Picked up one of these at a garage sale for a buck not knowing what is was and neither did they.
After a google image search I found it. It's a gem scoop -- I use it as a hiking stick.
jem scoop.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread