Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was given and began reading a book that talks greatly about the early gold mining in Calif and Oregon. It is titled "Voices of the Oregon Territory" …."Conversations With BULLWHAKERS, MULLESKINNERS, Pioneers, Prospectors, "49ers, Indian Fighters, Trappers, Ex-Barkeepers, Authors, Preachers, Poets, & Near Poets & All Sorts & Conditions of Men".

Written by Fred Lickley

What a tiltle ...huh? I highly recommend it for those interested in very early GOLD mining history and discovery etc.

Bejay

Upvote 0

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing. Ive been collecting reading material.

OP
OP
B

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A quote from Frank B. Tichenor:

"My grandfather went to Marysville and located what is still known as
Tichenor Gulch. He took in with him a young man as partner, and, unlike many of the gold miners, they had unusually good luck, striking rich ground. When they pulled out for San Francisco my grandfather's partner, who had quite a bit of gold dust before they became partners, had 125 pounds of gold dust. My grandfather had 75 pounds. Figuring gold at $16 an ounce, he had cleaned up over $18,000. They paid an ounce of gold apiece to spread their blankets in the back room of a San Francisco saloon for one night's lodging".

* Page 129

Bejay

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
A quote from Frank B. Tichenor:

"My grandfather went to Marysville and located what is still known as
Tichenor Gulch. He took in with him a young man as partner, and, unlike many of the gold miners, they had unusually good luck, striking rich ground. When they pulled out for San Francisco my grandfather's partner, who had quite a bit of gold dust before they became partners, had 125 pounds of gold dust. My grandfather had 75 pounds. Figuring gold at $16 an ounce, he had cleaned up over $18,000. They paid an ounce of gold apiece to spread their blankets in the back room of a San Francisco saloon for one night's lodging".

* Page 129

Bejay

125 pounds....loooooong low whistle...

Almost 76 million dollars at $1224 per ounce

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hope you hit it big. Good luck.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked a first edition copy for under 10 bucks with shipping! 20180724_182925.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread