Hand dredged with one of these

craig82

Jan 22, 2018
az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Picked this up a while back from harbor freight. Tested it at home with cons seemed to suck them up an then i could push them out into a bucket. Also you can unscrew the cap and wash it all out at the end. Today was my first time using it out on the creeks here to hand dredge a couple holes an cracks. worked way better than i ever expected:)

https://www.harborfreight.com/power-plunger-99644.html

anyone else used one of these before or am i just a goof?

Upvote 0

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used these except mine are the black ones I got from OSH years ago. They are designed to suck oil out of gear boxes that do not have drain plugs (old tractors). Not only these make little wet crack sucks you can fill them squirt water in to cracks and blast the crack clean

ratled

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same principle as my shrimp guns. Anything that sucks up material like that works.

Bejay

crumbaker

Feb 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad I saw this, the cheapest place I could find a shrimp gun was $40. Appreciate the heads up.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bi Mart Stores in Coastal Oregon and Washington stores sell shrimp guns for around $18 ea. I bought one at a yard sale a few days ago for $1. Not sure why I need more than one but could not pass up such a deal. The ones I use utilize a rubber ball squeezed between 2 washers. And Bi Mart sells the replacement rubber balls as well....should they wear out.

Bejay

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.JPG
Almost ten years of use and it still works fine :)

OP
OP
C

craig82

Jan 22, 2018
az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yea i wanted that keene they were selling at the local prospecting store but im cheap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread