Need mentor or a helping hand or even a direction

Bgonleif

Nov 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm somewhat new to The Forum group setting as well as only been prospecting full-time for a year now. and I live around a bunch of people who may be RockHounds around the community but hide it well. so I have taken the Liberty to educate myself with gems minerals and the occurrences of them. and I have been into the gold ever since I moved to Siskiyou County a year ago and at this point have no avail to getting anyone to be honest about gold gold bearing minerals or the proper mineralizations. if I had the money or any help with the equipment necessary I probably wouldn't be expressing it here and now. so, I have dug up multiple different minerals rocks I have quite a bit of tonnage at my house that I have collected and gained knowledge on with. Without having a Rock crushing method easily done in the woods with neighbors close by and support necessary to continue this journey I am at a loss. I don't know where to go from here I don't know how to make anything off of this I understand it's mainly for a hobby but there is to support that there was a mine at the north side of my property as well as marker trees placed in groups of 5 and 6 that were planted together I'm not just trying to connect the dots of non connecting intervals but have done research sat on this as well as my own experimenting and educating myself. Can someone please help

Upvote 0

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jair ,
You can pm me ,
LasVegas

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depending on where you are, there is probably a gold prospecting club/chapter, within driving range for a meeting. Joining a club can help you learn at an accelerated pace. Good on Jair for offering help!:headbang:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=&quot]Bgonleif, welcome to Tnet![/FONT]

You've come to the right place and depending on where you are and what you need someone here will offer assistance, as you've seen already.

If you search on Tnet you will find a great deal of information is already available though you may need to dig for it a bit. Again, knowing where your are at would give the members here a better idea of how to guide you. This is a helpful group of folks, glad to have you onboard....................63bkpkr

Searching the High Sierras
180_8078.JPG

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also you should check out " My Land Matters " it has so much information

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, I'm somewhat new to The Forum group setting as well as only been prospecting full-time for a year now. and I live around a bunch of people who may be RockHounds around the community but hide it well. so I have taken the Liberty to educate myself with gems minerals and the occurrences of them. and I have been into the gold ever since I moved to Siskiyou County a year ago and at this point have no avail to getting anyone to be honest about gold gold bearing minerals or the proper mineralizations. if I had the money or any help with the equipment necessary I probably wouldn't be expressing it here and now. so, I have dug up multiple different minerals rocks I have quite a bit of tonnage at my house that I have collected and gained knowledge on with. Without having a Rock crushing method easily done in the woods with neighbors close by and support necessary to continue this journey I am at a loss. I don't know where to go from here I don't know how to make anything off of this I understand it's mainly for a hobby but there is to support that there was a mine at the north side of my property as well as marker trees placed in groups of 5 and 6 that were planted together I'm not just trying to connect the dots of non connecting intervals but have done research sat on this as well as my own experimenting and educating myself. Can someone please help

et1955 mentioned My Land Matters. Here is a link. Welcome to Land Matters. Go to maps, then click on mining claims, then click on California, then zoom in on your property. Click on Historical mining claims activity. From there you can figure out whether your mine was ever filed and recorded by the county and more or less what type of mine it was. Alternatively the hole might be an unfiled on prospect hole eg. they found no values so just abandoned it.

Good luck.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Siskiyou County has plenty of gold. I do most of my mining south of you in Trinity County.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread