Cali fire in Redding.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its most likely not a good idea. To build in the deep pine forest. On the side of a mountain. If so things are going to burn. Maybe a few fire breaks would help. Forest are made to burn. Need some safety measure"s. Firefighters can only handle so much.And most of the west is burning. So the fires are going to get huge. Give everyone a break a little of our better sense. Would go a long way. And two weeks of rain. Everyone hang in there.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jefferson Mining District - Mining Law - South West Oregon Mining Association

JMD Exposing Fraud
of Biblical Proportions
More Fore$t $ervice Fraud
Government Created Di$a$ter
Fed$ To Blame ACT OF GOD To Cover Agency Fore$t Mi$management contrary to principle Fore$t $ervice E$tablishment, 16 USC 475
Planned Fire Cata$trophe

Fire Class Map Click to
Enlarge
Click to enlarge
Red is Cla$$ 3 Un$toppable Conflagration
No Class 1, low threat, areas designated
They will deny it, but the agencies are not managing to reduce fire and would be harvesting, not thinning, if they were.
For FEMA Emergency $$$ & Land Control & Destruction.
Watch for the sequel agency plague:
And Came The Beetle$

Not even close M.E.G..

This all started a long time ago wit ha family named Rockerfeller (sound familiar?)who made billions logging the redwood forests. They decided that since they were billionaires and didn't want anyone else following their path to take a certain eco freak organization by the name of the Center for Biological Diversity under their wing. the proceeded to teach them how to use the system to manage policy through litigation.

Fast forward a few decades and thousands of lawsuits later, we now have the mess we have today. Through litigation, most forest harvesting has been stopped leaving lots of dead and dying trees in the forests due to no harvesting for whatever reasons, whether "claimed" water pollution or "endangered" species.

Competition for resources also plays a huge role in the health of our forests. If there is only enough resources for 100 trees per acre and there are over 1000 trees per acre, the trees get stressed and are ripe for a fire. Add into that fact that most of trees needing removed are of the smaller variety that are perfect ladder fuels which allow a ground fire to climb into the canopies of the stressed trees and we get the catastrophic wildfires we have now.

Same thing happened here in Arizona during the Wallow Fire of 2012. Supposed to be 50 to 100 trees per acres as this is the forests natural state.

We had our chance to "reset" everything as we learned but didn't. Now Mother Nature will hit the "reset" button for us and she is a real b!tch. She'll clean house one way or another and she cares little for our supposed "endangered" species list.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MEG is pretty close..

Calfire is the DMV of firefighting.

I'm not detracting from the actual boots on the ground...However.

I have seen five fires start in our county in the last two weeks they smack them down quick. Ranch land mixed brush etc they are on it... No tracts of house to burn.

NO " OPTICS"

But man get one at 150 acres close enough for news crews to film...like on the side of the road...not a hand crew in sight.

Four days later it's 20k acres....and a day latre it's....and after that...………..

I grew up romping in the canyons where the Holy Jim fire is. Watched the neighborhoods put in on the hillsides.

Where it started vs. where it has burned to should not have happened.

There is a fire in the Cleveland N.F. Every year. Numerous fire roads and access to Comm. towers etc.

Interesting note. something to think about. There are tracts of cabins in the NF system most are grandfathered in 100 year leases.

They are now gone from Holy Jim canyon.

They will not be rebuilt by F.S. they will not let the families rebuild. They aren't not all vacation cabins people live there.

The FS didn't start the fire but you can bank on the fact that they are glad to not have to deal with those cabins anymore.

The video includes recovered trail cam footage of the fire approaching the main subjects cabin.

Also watch until the end for the interaction with a FS leo.

I've lived in Ca. most of my life. But, also Alaska, Montana, Oregon and Arizona

Of them all Ca. is most willing to not let a bad situation go to waste.

Honestly wrap your head around the "cost per acre" to fight the fire... the fact that is is a main talking point!! That more money will help not. But, not how to better spend it!!

As far as trees and living in the woods.

I live in the woods... it's not the small trees they burn quick and are done.

We have around 300 trees per acre in the E.N.F. some areas have 50 % or more dead and dying. Big ones close together...Those ones when they burn are the ones that make 300 ft fire walls and tornados.

We have envirogroups actively fighting the clean up of the forests and losing their minds when the fire killed trees are removed too.

Don't mention actual logging and lumbering to them....they will sue you for even thinking about it.

Yesterday I listened to an interview. The guy was saying that Lumber activities can't return. That there isn't the infrastructure. Not enough mills and they just can't be built now.

BTW he didn't work for a lumber co. if you were wondering!!

people are making money on the fires and it is sick.

Again I am not knocking the firefighters.

But, calfire admin and those in the state offices of the N.F. really piss me off and need to change what they do.

But, I do feel that their solution will be to try and convince people that it is too hazardous to live in the urban interface..

Last edited:

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But, I do feel that their solution will be to try and convince people that it is too hazardous to live in the urban interface..

Its the old Ordo Ab Chao - Order out of Chaos.
“The first step (thesis) is to create a problem. The second step (antithesis) is to generate opposition to the problem (fear, panic and hysteria). The third step (synthesis) is to offer the solution to the problem created by step one: A change which would have been impossible to impose upon the people without the proper psychological conditioning achieved in stages one and two.”

Last edited:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Quite frankly Congress got us into this mess with a series of well meaning but badly written laws in the 1960’s and ‘70’s. These laws have become the basis of litigation that many of today’s so-called environmental groups are only too happy to pursue. As a result management of our federal forests is in gridlock. Today 48% of the Forest Service’s budget goes to fighting massive fires every summer; endless planning, appeals and litigation gobble up most of the remainder. Congress put us in this stew and only Congress can get us out.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the old Ordo Ab Chao - Order out of Chaos.
“The first step (thesis) is to create a problem. The second step (antithesis) is to generate opposition to the problem (fear, panic and hysteria). The third step (synthesis) is to offer the solution to the problem created by step one: A change which would have been impossible to impose upon the people without the proper psychological conditioning achieved in stages one and two.”

Definition of modern government

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grouch Marx quote " Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies" . Man ,was he correct !

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MEG is pretty close..

Calfire is the DMV of firefighting.

I'm not detracting from the actual boots on the ground...However.

I have seen five fires start in our county in the last two weeks they smack them down quick. Ranch land mixed brush etc they are on it... No tracts of house to burn.

NO " OPTICS"

But man get one at 150 acres close enough for news crews to film...like on the side of the road...not a hand crew in sight.

Four days later it's 20k acres....and a day latre it's....and after that...………..

I grew up romping in the canyons where the Holy Jim fire is. Watched the neighborhoods put in on the hillsides.

Where it started vs. where it has burned to should not have happened.

There is a fire in the Cleveland N.F. Every year. Numerous fire roads and access to Comm. towers etc.

Interesting note. something to think about. There are tracts of cabins in the NF system most are grandfathered in 100 year leases.

They are now gone from Holy Jim canyon.

They will not be rebuilt by F.S. they will not let the families rebuild. They aren't not all vacation cabins people live there.

The FS didn't start the fire but you can bank on the fact that they are glad to not have to deal with those cabins anymore.

The video includes recovered trail cam footage of the fire approaching the main subjects cabin.

Also watch until the end for the interaction with a FS leo.

I've lived in Ca. most of my life. But, also Alaska, Montana, Oregon and Arizona

Of them all Ca. is most willing to not let a bad situation go to waste.

Honestly wrap your head around the "cost per acre" to fight the fire... the fact that is is a main talking point!! That more money will help not. But, not how to better spend it!!

As far as trees and living in the woods.

I live in the woods... it's not the small trees they burn quick and are done.

We have around 300 trees per acre in the E.N.F. some areas have 50 % or more dead and dying. Big ones close together...Those ones when they burn are the ones that make 300 ft fire walls and tornados.

We have envirogroups actively fighting the clean up of the forests and losing their minds when the fire killed trees are removed too.

Don't mention actual logging and lumbering to them....they will sue you for even thinking about it.

Yesterday I listened to an interview. The guy was saying that Lumber activities can't return. That there isn't the infrastructure. Not enough mills and they just can't be built now.

BTW he didn't work for a lumber co. if you were wondering!!

people are making money on the fires and it is sick.

Again I am not knocking the firefighters.

But, calfire admin and those in the state offices of the N.F. really piss me off and need to change what they do.

Couldn't agree with ya more.

We've seen the same thing up here in Oregon. One fire in NW Oregon, can't remember the name there's been so many, was purposely allowed to burn so the Forest Circus could study it. Well lo and behold it got away from them and burned up thousands of acres. Controlled burns is another boil on my ass. We citizens call them "uncontrolled" burns. Of course the Forest Circus has to use up it's budget and more, so they can get a bigger budget next year. If the government runs it, it just doesn't work.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What now worries me is we are not being allowed back to asses our property even though the fire is no where near where we are going and hasn't been from weeks. Safety concerns with falling trees is the blame. While I understand this, Its troublesome to a degree as I have witnessed this in another area first hand where they closed off a area above Georgetown for almost 2 years due to this. Were not waiting too much longer, we have seen photos and know others are getting in somehow, There may be trees on our property posing danger to the surviving structures that we need to address, falling trees on FS land should not trump this in my opinion.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What now worries me is we are not being allowed back to asses our property even though the fire is no where near where we are going and hasn't been from weeks. Safety concerns with falling trees is the blame. While I understand this, Its troublesome to a degree as I have witnessed this in another area first hand where they closed off a area above Georgetown for almost 2 years due to this. Were not waiting too much longer, we have seen photos and know others are getting in somehow, There may be trees on our property posing danger to the surviving structures that we need to address, falling trees on FS land should not trump this in my opinion.

This isn’t marshal law. I believe they can only close the public roads.
I would do some research, and determine your actual rights vs. lawful orders.
I would attend a public meeting and make my intentions clear. They may change their decisions.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
We've lost two firemen in the Ferguson Fire, Yosemite Valley closed indefinitely, it's been smokey here in Tuolumne County now for over three weeks and now we have a new fire started up highway 108 at Dardanelles. It's just the beginning of fire season, it's bad and getting worse. Thank God for firemen!!!!!!!!!

my favorite place to camp as a little tyke was a creek downstream from donell's reservoir. great fishing, and even better memories

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread