2018 Annual Claims filings

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's that time again. The August 31 deadline to make your required annual mining claims filings is only a month away.

As she does every year Ruby has compiled general guidelines and a graphic flow chart to help claim owners understand their annual obligations. If you are confused about the process or just want a refresher review these could help make the process clearer.

These are a free download. Feel free to share, distribute or print these out as long as you retain the attribution.

2018mcfilings_s.jpg General Guidelines

2018mcf_s.jpg Flow Chart

Whatever you do don't be late. You will lose your claim if your filings aren't on time.

Feel free to ask questions. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Upvote 0

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of many awesome things Clay Diggins does for this forum.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My oops this year: sent a copy to the BLM. They gave me 60 days to remedy by sending the original in. Done. Lesson learned.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Barry do you have any other cases to reference as far as the BLM saying guys can file upto the $th this year and why it is risky.

I was trying to explain how sketchy it was to believe blm.

Especially since this year the last day (yesterday) was a full Business day. The holiday has no effect (or shouldn't)

I'm just trying to get theses guys more info to reference. They believe that since BLM put it out it is super official and can't possibly cause an issue.

They also think the county has done them a favor by "extending" recordings to Tuesday :BangHead:…. even though they aren't actually due until December.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread