Happy Labor Day, I hope everyone gets some good gold!

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I wanted gold I always had better luck at the flea markets and yard sales. I collected but never sold, back in the days when young women slept in their herring bone chains and usually through them away when they got stretched. Oooh, those were the days. Jewelry given by previous husbands and lovers needed to be secreted away from the currant hero du jour! I was fulfilled most graciously!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of all the gold prospecting vids on youtube. I really enjoy yours the most. Nailed it again.[emoji482]

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure seems weird seeing the atv’s cruising up and down the stream channel, crossing the rivers, etc. Here in my part of California, that would be a huge no no and would result in loss of your first born child. Some brand of LE would instantly pounce out of the bushes painted up in camo, with twigs jammed in their hat band and Swarovski binoculars hanging off their neck. ;)
Wild and Scenic and all that.
Looks like a lot of fun. Must be Alaska?

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope just Cali. Numerous places where trails cross streams. Legal. Driving on gravel bars that have ohv access and crossing side channels is legal too.

Seems like there are more people hiding in the bushes. Than I ever see jumping out myself.

Cool Video once again Gerry.

Glad I have the time available again and will have the chance to get into one of them again. Actually out in the field.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope just Cali. Numerous places where trails cross streams. Legal. Driving on gravel bars that have ohv access and crossing side channels is legal too.

Seems like there are more people hiding in the bushes. Than I ever see jumping out myself.

Cool Video once again Gerry.

Glad I have the time available again and will have the chance to get into one of them again. Actually out in the field.

Seems like a great way to get the cooler and gear to the river!
Around my area, (National Forest) we have TMP’s and MVUM’s.
No motorized cross country travel allowed at all.

Glad to see you can still have fun in other parts of the state.
The drone shots really add to the quality of the video.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! Life is short and felling shorter every day.. I'm fortunate to have family and good people around me that have put up with my hard headed and adventurous ways, and most have even joined in on the adventure as well! I enjoy sharing mine and our times and company together.

The utv is an awesome tool and I can see some of the concern with the river but this is no wild area. Also, there are areas of wild and scenic river that have roads and trail systems that pass through and its quite normal. My claim on NF land has a ohv trail right through it as well. The water ways we are navigating in the utvs are all below an extensive hydro electric system that has changed the natural flow of the river in this particular location so much that it is very surprisingly barren of life for the most part. There are some fish here and there in pools but this waterway is now for the most part dedicated to creating power and the land is what it is. There are warnings about entering the area due to flows but nothing deterring you from entering. We called the sheriff for help once due to the changing flows and the wouldn't even come help us let alone cite us, they really cared less.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread