In the hospital...

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spent last week out in the mountains, prospecting. Got home Friday night. Had chest pains early Sunday morning, and after stalling around for several hours, went to the ER.
Ended up getting two stents installed. No major heart damage. Am now in the ICU, recovering. I got lucky, and didn't have a major attack while out in the back country. When I think of the distances I walked, and the elevations I climbed, it amazes me I hd no indications of heart trouble.
Jim

Upvote 0

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you made it back to medical attention Jim.

Sorry to go off the topic but I am in hospital right now, since the 18th.

Spontaneous pneumothorax. My lung is still leaking. They got a hose coming out of my chest hooked up to negative air. No fun, bedridden, missing duck season, missing the autumn chores. But I'm optimistic and I'm on a prayer list a mile long in several states and at least two countries. How that many people can care about me makes me marvel. I may seem nice enough around here but I am a bit of a richard and somewhat aloof in person.

:dontknow:

Its in God's hands. I don't know what He is doing. Thank God He does! : )

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad you made it back to medical attention Jim.

Sorry to go off the topic but I am in hospital right now, since the 18th.

Spontaneous pneumothorax. My lung is still leaking. They got a hose coming out of my chest hooked up to negative air. No fun, bedridden, missing duck season, missing the autumn chores. But I'm optimistic and I'm on a prayer list a mile long in several states and at least two countries. How that many people can care about me makes me marvel. I may seem nice enough around here but I am a bit of a richard and somewhat aloof in person.

:dontknow:

Its in God's hands. I don't know what He is doing. Thank God He does! : )

You can add one more to the prayer list, Ducky. I had no idea you were ailing. I'll bet that air behind your long hurts. I( get occasional bouts of pleuresy, and don't like it. Hoping you're back on your feet quickly.
Jim

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Speedy recovery to you .. My hubs has stents in also .. Never had any indication of heart problems until one night when driving over a mountain pass he had chest pains and almost passed out. Then when he got down to the terminal they had an ambulance waiting for him, took him to the hospital after 2 weeks in ICU and doing the stents 4 years ago he is a champ on the mountains again.
He walks up and down mountains like a mountain goat with our dog whom he sometimes leaves behind in the dust .. hahahahahaha..

Again, speedy recovery to you !

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, Cassews! I feel finwe, other some soreness in my right groin where they went into the femoral artery. Amazing technology that I could have the attack on Sunday, and be out of the hospital on Tuesday. I'm really grateful.
Jim

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ha! Ain't nothin' free! Just the blood thinner I need for the next 6 months costs me $352.50/month....out of my pocket.
Jim

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you didn't put those signs off Jim. You take it easy for a time and I'll be praying for a speedy recovery back to good health.

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm OK, Grant. Very little muscle damage, if any. That's the big deal. Doc said I can go right back to my old lifestyle, including high elevation back packing. I'm going to take it easy the first couple of trips...maybe 4-500' elevation gains, and 2 or 3 miles each day. I'm still adjusting to how the blood thinner makes me feel, but other than that, and a sore groin, I'm 100%. Winter's going to close me out of the mountains pretty soon, anyway. Then it will be back to working in the shop most days.
Jim

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get well and hope you are swinging again soon

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, they let you out of the hospital yet?
People generally heal faster at home and are less likely to catch something else...

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh yeah....I was home less then 48 hours after the "surgery"....LOL As far as I can tell, I'm completely cured. Doc said I can immediately return to high-elevation prospecting if I want to. I'm good!
Jim

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah....I was home less then 48 hours after the "surgery"....LOL As far as I can tell, I'm completely cured. Doc said I can immediately return to high-elevation prospecting if I want to. I'm good!
Jim

Good. Hopefully you can get a handle on whatever was plugging you up with altered diet and exercise. Strong testament to our private medical care system. Lots to complain about, but it is the best in the world!

Can you imagine grabbing a number and standing in line as you wait for treatment, or perhaps someone else stepped in line in front of you based on some study or social/economic policy?
We should all appreciate how good we have it.

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What was plugging me up was a lifetime of not watching my cholesterol. In my defense, heavy labor will do that when you're burning several thousand calories/day. The Doc said I needed no diet restrictions. I have my weight under control, and my overall condition is way above average for my age. I'm 6' and 189 right now. I'm still trying to get down to 180. It isn't easy, especially with winter approaching.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread