Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Hi-Sluicer

Greenie
Sep 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds that way. A simple call to the land office will let you know they csn check files on pc

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought they had until end of year to "cure" these discrepancies. Or 60 days from day of filing. Did they file for a waiver? Just my opinion here. NOT A LAWYER.

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
last year they paid full maintenance fees, this year it looks like they filed for a waiver

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to say not knowing all the facts, but they may have liquidated one or more claims in holding to qualify for the waiver. Flags fly when BLM doesn't get any money. Keep a watchfull eye, or contact your state office. Remember claims voided by BLM are not voided in the county of recording. Do your homework there

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unacceptable Waiver could mean they have too many claims but it could also mean something simple like omitting a signature.

If the claimants have a defect in their small miner waiver submission in many cases it is "curable". Curable means they will receive a notice of the defect and be given either 30 or 60 days to either:
1. Cure (fix) the defect.
or
2. Pay the fee.
or
3. Lose their claim.

Find out why the waiver is unacceptable and you will know better whether the area is now open or just might be opening up if the claimants don't do what's required to cure their defect.

You should also be aware the BLM regularly closes claims for bogus reasons. Most claimants that challenge the BLM win their cases so a "CLOSED" claim status can go back to "ACTIVE" status without warning.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In total 220 acers owned by same group of people, I knew the old-timer that owned these claims back in the late 1980s and he allowed me to mine there plus he showed me where the main deposits are. Love the old timers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread