Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Well thats interesting!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1343 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Red line = Path of dead patches.
    Yellow dot = Earthquake epicenter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3163.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	1657941

Bugs don't do this! A fault line can!

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1343 times
    Did some more earthquake research and something IS happening!

Went back and found how to get smaller listed quakes from M1.0<. The red dots are epicenters that correspond to the dead patches within 100'. The Southeastern most corresponding dead patch is boxed by epicenters. So it does look like there's a crack there and something may be coming out. Also the kill seems to have started at the treeline and moved to the Northwest opposite of the path of the bugs from the USGS sat photo. Earthquakes are from 1990 to present. The earliest quake that matches is 2002, and the latest 2017, largest M2.8. I was really surprised at how most of the quakes were dead on target.

Name:	alignment.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	1710630
    DizzyDigger and Gold4Mike like this.

Jun 2017
    157 times
    Your making a big issue out of nothing. Your not going to get gassed there. You take images of the spring when the leaves are off the shrubs and the grasses are brown. If there is anything that's killing spruce trees in the area it is the beetles not gasses. What do we know though, we only live here and fly around the area all the time.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4393 times
    I sure wouldn't want to buy some land along that line for my home! Bugs or whatever !!

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1343 times
    If it's volcanic, I can then tell the state to go F itself with it's permits. At that point, I'm evacuating the resources before it blows. And when it does, I don't need to do any reclamation! The lava flows and ash do it for me.

Here's that Southeastern dead spot. White dots are the epicenters. Whatever was killing the spruce was killing other vegetation as well.

Name:	IMG_3192.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	1711763

Jun 2017
    157 times
    You are really making a great case against yourself. Ever wonder how the great Alaskan everyone helps everyone attitude gets changed?? Its easy, have someone devote their time and energy into getting out of doing the right thing and trying to pillage the land and not be held accountable.

That land is not sitting on an active volcano, the state wont really be to happy with being told to go F itself. Good luck in your quest, you can now add yourself to the list of out of state terrorists (not tourist) that wont be getting much help from the locals.
    et1955 likes this.

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1343 times
    What's the point of permits when the whole countryside is going to be destroyed by a volcano? If it goes, you loose the trees, the moose, the fish, and everything else. So why worry about trying to save it. (that's what the permits try to do) It's use it, or loose it!

Jun 2017
    157 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    What's the point of permits when the whole countryside is going to be destroyed by a volcano? If it goes, you loose the trees, the moose, the fish, and everything else. So why worry about trying to save it. (that's what the permits try to do) It's use it, or loose it!
    your beginning to show a bit of a lack of knowledge here. Hatchers area is not an active volcano. Enjoy yourself, you have a much better chance of getting taken out by a bear or pissed off moose than you do from gasses or a volcano. Once again, I am certain that google pictures contain much more knowledge than the locals that are in the area...
    juneaupanner likes this.

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1343 times
    This is not Hatchers Pass!

us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    789 times
    Prospecting
    It is just a fault line in the area, volcanos no, except the big one about a hundred miles up. Plate tectonics is the answer to the earthquakes, being you are from the east you don't understand plate tectonics and volcanos, I live near 3 of them here in the pacific northwest. Get your permits, no excuse using a possible fear that a volcano may suddenly appear were you are going to mine. Fear is the mind killer, enjoy your trip

us
    Aug 2015
    Montana
    etrac, Goldmonster
    701 times
    Metal Detecting
    Listen to the locals like AKflyer...they KNOW. I've worked up there and that ground is always shaking up there...nothing new. Like mentioned, biggest danger will be moose, bear, and misquitoes…...
    et1955 and ProspectorALEX like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links