Dream Mat Pocket Sluice

Oldrustystuff

Jul 26, 2018
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
Home made sluice running a 10" Dream Mat, Gold Cube, Blue Bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey everyone I just wanted to share something new that I picked up for my prospecting pack which looks to be really fun.

I know not everyone here like dream mat stuff but you gotta admit that this tiny little sluice is pretty damn cute and it could be useful to mess around with when running test pans in place that have the flow for it.

20181108_111750.jpg

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wonder how far it can be thrown :laughing7:

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In the picture the mighty sluice is laying in his hand. I think the fingers of the bare hand would make a better 4 riffle sluice and you would never be caught on the creek without a sluice.:hello:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it would make a much better DOOR STOP... piece of crap....... :BangHead:
But just my humble opinion.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It looks like it's made out of foam?

Maybe you could soak it with fish oil, tie a string on it and leave it floating in a stream for a few hours until it sinks from all the gold stuck to it. Just reel it in and get rich. Kind of a fishy gold popsicle!

Or you could just get a pan... it would be quicker than feeding that thing a half teaspoon a minute.

Heavy foam scoop :thumbsup:

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL
I'd be more interested in dream mats if the maker wasn't such a snowflake. Pocket sluices are a fool and his money parted unless your buying it as conversation piece/keychain.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oldrustystuff, thank you for sharing as that is the smallest sluice I've ever seen. Please try it out and post your thoughts on its usefulness, how it helped or didn't as it might just be surprising to see how that little sluice can be used. Have a great Thanksgiving!.......................63bkpkr

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Presuming dream mat actually works...this is useless

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Cute ! I've seen other small sluices and they didn't do much at all. It may have its use as a salesman's sample of what this looks like but other than that , it's pretty useless ! and that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!:occasion14:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why but I keep getting a picture of a little Viet Namese lady at the swap meet with boxes of these yelling "Any item one dallah, one dallah!" Where do you buy these? I'd like to buy two to put on the dash to keep the stuff from rolling off. Did I miss the obligatory demo of it capturing material?

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Even the video is a $%^& joke............

OP
OP
Oldrustystuff

Oldrustystuff

Jul 26, 2018
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
Home made sluice running a 10" Dream Mat, Gold Cube, Blue Bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow I didn't expect this kinda response. I must be missing something.

I just thought it was kinda neat and wanted to share it.

I've had good luck running my dream mats. I guess that was snake oil gold I caught.

Sorry I guess.

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a mass of underlying agenda going on that most won't pick up on.

There is a lot of that going on here these days, at least if you buy one I'm guessing it will arrive in functional condition un like some products out there people are quick to cover up.

Not defending dream mat products I'm fine using what I have but in all honesty would be nice to hear some feedback from those that have actual experience with it to be fair, not just tnet fair.

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow I didn't expect this kinda response. I must be missing something.

I just thought it was kinda neat and wanted to share it.

I've had good luck running my dream mats. I guess that was snake oil gold I caught.

Sorry I guess.

Sorry? Nothing wrong with sharing.

It's not necessarily the design, it's the size. You really could run a lot more material more quickly and efficiently with a $12 pan.

Heavy Pans

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after the dust settles about this dream mat has anyone evaluated the design of the riffles? If the material was changed to a rigid plastic with rubber coating on top and size increased is the riffle design good or poor. The streets of Saigon and the vendors mama San take good care of your gold.⛩

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not the mats it's the size of the sluice. Nothing more then a conversation piece. You will not be able to out produce a standard pan with it. Not even close

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not the mats it's the size of the sluice. Nothing more then a conversation piece. You will not be able to out produce a standard pan with it. Not even close

Hit the nail on the head, I guess I figured this was a given. For the right price I wouldn't mind having one just to tinker with, sit on the desk etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread