Prospecting Mime Fumps

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a mime that did fumps once Kevin. Cops took it away from me on the pretext that one should not imbibe while typing. Now I'm uncomfortable around mimes.

Be careful out there. You never know when you will encounter a fump and if you have a mime with you you could be arrested. :dontknow:

Who knew? :icon_scratch:

Geavy Plans

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kevin, I thought your article was a good "what's up with mine dumps" and shared some very appropriate safety tips. So how does one come up with a name like vug and not get teased? To me it makes Mime Fumps a very reasonable title, in fact that might make a good 'T' Shirt logo??!!…………………..63bkpkr

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good article Kevin...well done! :occasion14:

"Mine Fumps"...sounds like something you need to get a shot for.. moose.gif

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mime fumping is illegal in most states. lol. and the glory hole is definitely private property.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mime Fumps killed it on the side stage at Coachella this year.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without a good sense of humor most of us would become sane, what a waste! One year I was walking along a way up river section of 'the river' as I came around a tight bend in the river there in front of me was a piece of gold maybe three inches long by an inch by an inch! My heart was up in my throat! I was so excited! Like Wow! Then I noticed the cubic structure, iron pyrite. I took a picture of it and left it. Talk about needing a good sense of humor!...…………..63bkpkr

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember the earliest miners did not even have carbide lamps. They were sorting ore by candle light as it was loaded into the cart. Easy to miss small pieces.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Remember the earliest miners did not even have carbide lamps. They were sorting ore by candle light as it was loaded into the cart. Easy to miss small pieces.

Uh ... no.

If you sorted the ore in a mine shaft the shaft would get filled with gangue. Mine dumps are where the waste rock goes after it's sorted - you know those big piles of rock outside the mine. The cart is used to transport all the material outside of the working area.

Miners were smart enough to do their sorting in daylight. A lot of good ore did get missed from some mines but you would find that on the waste dump - not loose in the mine or in the tailings.

Be careful when exploring a dump they can be treacherous but they can be productive. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mime Fumps killed it on the side stage at Coachella this year.

It would be a GREAT band name. Get it organized and I’m in!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread