When to call it a year?

Sugarcultmillionare

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m in California so that is where I prospect, more specifically colfax, ca and I’m thinking about checking out the Mokelumne river. I’m just wondering when do you call it a year. Because I still want to go out and Im Just curious the impact the few rains we’ve had is on the river. But I don’t want to waste my time. The equipment I have is basically pans and a sluice.

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Asmbandits, that is superb that you had such a good time/weather! The 'Real' Kayakers come in at the Ceaders way, way, way up river - so far up I do not even want to think about it especially what they come DOWN as they Do Not hike around the waterfalls! Your pictures show some beautiful fall colors. I'm bored and had been thinking about going into the hills AS I own a new lopper but the snow beat me to it so I'm done for the year.

I'm still looking for work, on 10 December I am Supposed to have a meeting with the owner of a company in Carlsbad CAli to see if we can come to some sort of agreement about putting my machines on their floor. I need new tubing product to show/give out at the MD&M show in Anaheim in Feb. 2019. Sure would be nice to have the machines up and running so I could have the samples to give out!

Keep having fun!.................63bkpkr aka Herb

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Good Luck on finding a job Herb!!! I'm glad I don't have to fight the rat race anymore! I've been retired for going on 11 years now and glad I pulled the plug!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Where is this Ceadars you speak of? If you don't mind sharing of course.

Edit: Nevermind, found it

Last edited:

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On the SW.Oregon creek I live on the creek has a way of rising big time over night. What may be semi-rain here might be a lot heavier miles to the East and by the time it reaches here has been known to suck a five inch dredge, tied up to a tree downstream tree and all ( I did find parts and pieces but that's a whole different story). It's a scary sound when you wake up in the dark morning hours and hear it thundering. Be careful in those canyons and hard to access areas with slow egress. 2015-11-13_1204.png

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread