Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about some pix. of the area in question.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So what does the material look like at the bottom of the water filled hole. Keep removing those boulders.Don't let the water discourage you...BEDROCK OR BUST.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
An inside bend is not just creekside material in a lot of cases so sample inside the inside bend too. It might not even flood.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wilderness medic

Dec 1, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what does the material look like at the bottom of the water filled hole. Keep removing those boulders.Don't let the water discourage you...BEDROCK OR BUST.

Usually can’t see in the mud. More boulders.

I can take pics next time I’m out but I’m talking in generalities. Gold drops out on the inside bend due to low pressure along with the heavies. But every time I try to get down it seems like endless boulders. Guess I need to either find one a bit more dry up shore or get a snorkel lol

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This happens a lot. You need a hole higher above the water line.

OP
OP
W

Wilderness medic

Dec 1, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This happens a lot. You need a hole higher above the water line.

Bummer! Can’t think of one spot I’ve been to in many counties where the heavy deposits are that high out of the water. Usually right on it.

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something to consider: The current rivers and streams may not be where the ancient rivers once flowed. I tend to look outside that wet box, at areas that are 20, 30, even 100 feet higher than the current flow. Over millions of years, what was an ancient river has moved, and sometimes can be found near the mountain tops. We work in a current day creek but on the three mile dirt road drive to the area we cross bedrock at 6000 feet elevation. Whos to say that at some point in the past, the actual river or creek ran in this area when it was at the bottom of the valley? There are lots of old drift mines that are thousands of feet above the current river flows, with river rock and placer deposits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions