Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Wilderness medic
  • 4 Post By Underburden
  • 6 Post By mikep691

Thread: Working an inside bend

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2018
    56 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Working an inside bend

So you find a nice inside bend with heavies deposited perfectly with clear defined lines where they drop off into lighter material. Do I just continue to remove all the baseball to basketball sized rocks until I get down to soil? Every time Iíve tried this it seems like there is no end to moving them and usually I get a hole filled with water.
    mytimetoshine likes this.

RTR
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20
    7108 times
    How about some pix. of the area in question.

us
    Mar 2012
    Idaho
    Nokta FORS Gold+, Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Bazooka 36" Prospector, GGT Nugget Sluice, Bottom Feeder Hand Dredge
    829 times
    Prospecting
    So what does the material look like at the bottom of the water filled hole. Keep removing those boulders.Don't let the water discourage you...BEDROCK OR BUST.
    Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD.
    Visit my Idaho Gold Prospecting Blog at Bedrock or Bust
    US Army 1969-1971
    2015 Stroke Survivor
    2016 Cancer Survivor
    2017 Stroke Survivor
    2018 Pacemaker Recipient

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2597 times
    Prospecting
    An inside bend is not just creekside material in a lot of cases so sample inside the inside bend too. It might not even flood.
    Last edited by arizau; Dec 05, 2018 at 07:27 PM.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

Dec 2018
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Underburden View Post
    So what does the material look like at the bottom of the water filled hole. Keep removing those boulders.Don't let the water discourage you...BEDROCK OR BUST.
    Usually can’t see in the mud. More boulders.

I can take pics next time I’m out but I’m talking in generalities. Gold drops out on the inside bend due to low pressure along with the heavies. But every time I try to get down it seems like endless boulders. Guess I need to either find one a bit more dry up shore or get a snorkel lol

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3024 times
    This happens a lot. You need a hole higher above the water line.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

Dec 2018
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimetoshine View Post
    This happens a lot. You need a hole higher above the water line.
    Bummer! Can’t think of one spot I’ve been to in many counties where the heavy deposits are that high out of the water. Usually right on it.

Aug 2015
    1027 times
    Something to consider: The current rivers and streams may not be where the ancient rivers once flowed. I tend to look outside that wet box, at areas that are 20, 30, even 100 feet higher than the current flow. Over millions of years, what was an ancient river has moved, and sometimes can be found near the mountain tops. We work in a current day creek but on the three mile dirt road drive to the area we cross bedrock at 6000 feet elevation. Whos to say that at some point in the past, the actual river or creek ran in this area when it was at the bottom of the valley? There are lots of old drift mines that are thousands of feet above the current river flows, with river rock and placer deposits.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links