Claim sharing ideas in Northern California??..............

StrandedSailor

Greenie
May 3, 2017
Napa, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I am wondering if anybody has any input on how to find claim owners/private property owners that would be willing to allow a father and young son to infrequently work their areas to try to get away from the overcrowded spots. Every year my son and I go up to the gold country a couple of times to dig some dirt or clean out a crevice or two but we have not been having very much luck at the usual spots such as Yankee Jim’s, bear River, NFAR etc. I would like to take him to someplace a little more rural whether it’s down some kind of a private road or a hike up or down stream from the public access but do not have the local knowledge or time with two young kids to dedicate trying to find our own claim especially since we only go a few times a year.

What I guess I’m looking for is somebody that might be willing to share some costs with having a claim in order to let us use it occasionally? I have no idea where to even look. Is there some kind of classifieds or forum that is out there where claim owners and people like me can meet?

I hate spending the money for one of these claims that are sold on eBay but I can see why somebody like myself would rather pay for the services being done for them to get some land they could work on. I can also see why there is not much out there as I’m sure most would rather keep what they have and hold it dear to themselves!

If you have any thoughts on this or are someone that is interested in this I would love it if you could direct message me through the app.

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi I am wondering if anybody has any input on how to find claim owners/private property owners that would be willing to allow a father and young son to infrequently work their areas to try to get away from the overcrowded spots. Every year my son and I go up to the gold country a couple of times to dig some dirt or clean out a crevice or two but we have not been having very much luck at the usual spots such as Yankee Jim’s, bear River, NFAR etc. I would like to take him to someplace a little more rural whether it’s down some kind of a private road or a hike up or down stream from the public access but do not have the local knowledge or time with two young kids to dedicate trying to find our own claim especially since we only go a few times a year.

What I guess I’m looking for is somebody that might be willing to share some costs with having a claim in order to let us use it occasionally? I have no idea where to even look. Is there some kind of classifieds or forum that is out there where claim owners and people like me can meet?

I hate spending the money for one of these claims that are sold on eBay but I can see why somebody like myself would rather pay for the services being done for them to get some land they could work on. I can also see why there is not much out there as I’m sure most would rather keep what they have and hold it dear to themselves!

If you have any thoughts on this or are someone that is interested in this I would love it if you could direct message me through the app.

Thanks in advance!

Don't let the process intimidate you. Getting a claim is not really all that difficult I'm sure there are some members here that can help. It will give you your own piece of ground to work. Might even cost less than a club membership. Its still out there go get you some.:thumbsup:

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GPAA claims are generally hit pretty hard but there are a few diamonds in that rough.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How much gold are you trying to get per trip? The areas you mentioned all have lots of color. The problem appears to be you don’t get out often enough to learn the specific spots and sharpen your skills. Finding a claim that is not worked much may or may not be any better for you depending on how much gold is there and figuring out how to work it. My suggestion would be to look up claims in the area you want to prospect and contact the claim owners directly. You may get permission to mine for no cost. You can get the owner info from BLM via MYLandMatters. Good Luck.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread