Cold Gold - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Cold Gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4549 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Sigh, looks nice out there! Picked up a case of the flu late 24 Dec, just coming out of it today...................63bkpkr
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2081 times
    Prospecting
    I can only imagine how awesome it is without YouTube Haha. Wish I could watch!!!
    gold tramp likes this.

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
    2263 times
    Hey folks, I just uploaded a short video I put together of our last outing and wanted to share. Hope your having an excellent 2019 and your pans are heavy!
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    4549 times
    Very Nice Jerry! What detector was used with what coil to sound off on that really nice picker/nugget? That sight was a bad one for warmth from the Sun, likely had solid sunlight in the canyon for only a short while somewhere around noon and then shadows again. The morning views looked like even the major boulders were wet from moisture in the air, mighty slippery And Cold stuff to work around. Very wise to have brought in Dry Wood as all the stuff down there will have been quite wet and anything worthwhile burning would have been way up and away from the water taking time away from the prospecting. What was the approximate air temp down there?

Good food is something that adds so much to any kind of trip in the outdoors but good food along with some gold and friends out together makes for a great day! Puppy maybe could have used a pile of jackets to snuggle in every now and then but I suspect it was active all day long going here and there, nothing like giving a bit of love every now and then to mans best friend. Thank you for sharing...............63bkpkr
    Last edited by 63bkpkr; Jan 17, 2019 at 01:21 PM.
    wildminer and Asmbandits like this.

us
    Jeff

Oct 2005
    Northern California
    Whites
    304 times
    Good Video's Jerry !!!!!!
    wildminer and Asmbandits like this.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/Smithsgold

" Never waste a minute thinking about people you don't Like. "

Dwight D. Eisenhower

MAGA

Dec 2015
    Oregon Coast
    752 times
    Prospecting
    Jerry, You guys have the right idea! Way cool. Love the gold and the dohgie too!
    Asmbandits likes this.

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    2263 times
    Thanks Herb, this was a fun day trip and yes the dry wood was a must as it was in between these storms we have been having out here and the forest is saturated at the moment. I believe the temp down there to have been somewhere around 40-50 degrees during the day in the shadows.

Petey the pup is either out and about or pilled up in blanket and jackets, he gets most of the attention lol We were for sure spoiled with food this trip, I lost a lot of footage due to the sd card going bad and corrupting so that is way the video is so short, Barry the chef is the whole reason we ate so well, his tri tip and homemade bbq sauce was better than most Ive tried!
    63bkpkr likes this.
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    2263 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithsgold View Post
    Good Video's Jerry !!!!!!
    Im a fan of yours as well Jeff! Thanks brotha!

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    2263 times
    Thanks Wildminer, not always this lucky but we ate great thanks to Chef Barry!

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    2263 times
    Oh and Herb Bennett found that piece that was exactly a half gram turns out, with a whites pi detector. I'm not sure of the model but Its similar to what Two Toes uses, a model under it I think he said.

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    4549 times
    A white's PI, good to know! What brand/model was the SD card? Any obvious reason for the issue

I hope to video this coming summer, IF I get Out There, so the info on the card will be put to good use. Also, do you use the microphone in the camera or do you have one mounted to the camera or do you have a wireless system?? I'm just full of it, questions that is! reply here or a PM Thank you. Herb

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    2263 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 63bkpkr View Post
    A white's PI, good to know! What brand/model was the SD card? Any obvious reason for the issue

I hope to video this coming summer, IF I get Out There, so the info on the card will be put to good use. Also, do you use the microphone in the camera or do you have one mounted to the camera or do you have a wireless system?? I'm just full of it, questions that is! reply here or a PM Thank you. Herb
    The card is a scan disk ultra micro sd 128gb. I think its a fake china phony though and thats why im having the issues now. I have another that is similar and works fine. Just gotta watch out for fakes its really easy to get a fake sd card these days.

My camera rig is totally my creation that I pieced together, but I absolutely love it and am happy with its performance especially for the weight and the modular design allows me a ton of flexibility. I shoot with just that single gopro session5 either fixed or in the gimbal and I made the mount for the sound recorder that does high quality un compressed stereo sound, I can also use all types of mic configs and mic myself with this setup. I can remove the gimbal and attach it to pretty much anything, and I can add my cellphone as a viewfinder for the gopro if needed.

Attachment 1671907

Attachment 1671908

If I went DSLR I could do much higher quality but its not worth the added weight and I can go under water with the gopro, and steadied by the gymbal. The gopro has been solid for 2 years now, and allows for so much more gold digging and more shot options for this type of stuff.
    Last edited by Asmbandits; Jan 17, 2019 at 09:07 PM.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3227 times
    good stuff brother!
    Asmbandits likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    2263 times
    We missed ya Eric! Dang truck lol
    mytimetoshine likes this.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3227 times
    Yea that was the worst time to break down rolling out of work on Friday..All fixed now!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links