Cold Gold

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Herb, this was a fun day trip and yes the dry wood was a must as it was in between these storms we have been having out here and the forest is saturated at the moment. I believe the temp down there to have been somewhere around 40-50 degrees during the day in the shadows.

Petey the pup is either out and about or pilled up in blanket and jackets, he gets most of the attention lol We were for sure spoiled with food this trip, I lost a lot of footage due to the sd card going bad and corrupting so that is way the video is so short, Barry the chef is the whole reason we ate so well, his tri tip and homemade bbq sauce was better than most Ive tried!

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Wildminer, not always this lucky but we ate great thanks to Chef Barry!

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and Herb Bennett found that piece that was exactly a half gram turns out, with a whites pi detector. I'm not sure of the model but Its similar to what Two Toes uses, a model under it I think he said.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A white's PI, good to know! What brand/model was the SD card? Any obvious reason for the issue???

I hope to video this coming summer, IF I get Out There, so the info on the card will be put to good use. Also, do you use the microphone in the camera or do you have one mounted to the camera or do you have a wireless system????? I'm just full of it, questions that is! reply here or a PM Thank you. Herb

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A white's PI, good to know! What brand/model was the SD card? Any obvious reason for the issue???

I hope to video this coming summer, IF I get Out There, so the info on the card will be put to good use. Also, do you use the microphone in the camera or do you have one mounted to the camera or do you have a wireless system????? I'm just full of it, questions that is! reply here or a PM Thank you. Herb

The card is a scan disk ultra micro sd 128gb. I think its a fake china phony though and thats why im having the issues now. I have another that is similar and works fine. Just gotta watch out for fakes its really easy to get a fake sd card these days.

My camera rig is totally my creation that I pieced together, but I absolutely love it and am happy with its performance especially for the weight and the modular design allows me a ton of flexibility. I shoot with just that single gopro session5 either fixed or in the gimbal and I made the mount for the sound recorder that does high quality un compressed stereo sound, I can also use all types of mic configs and mic myself with this setup. I can remove the gimbal and attach it to pretty much anything, and I can add my cellphone as a viewfinder for the gopro if needed.

View attachment 1671907

View attachment 1671908

If I went DSLR I could do much higher quality but its not worth the added weight and I can go under water with the gopro, and steadied by the gymbal. The gopro has been solid for 2 years now, and allows for so much more gold digging and more shot options for this type of stuff.

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good stuff brother!

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We missed ya Eric! Dang truck lol

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea that was the worst time to break down rolling out of work on Friday..All fixed now!

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Remember, Gold Fiends, winter time in the lower Sierra foothills can be real good for finding AU! Those creeks that were dry during the summer now have water running in them. The old miners usually quit mining when the winter rains hit, and never touched those dry creeks!

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Thursday! Check out my latest video and I hope you have a great day!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great Video!. Your famous now! Haha, looking forward to the next outing my brother. Can't wait for spring!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHA yeah right! kinda trippy though someone knowing your name deep in the sticks.

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A break in the rains allowed us a small window to get out on the South Yuba this past weekend. Heres my latest video of our outing, please if you enjoy hit that like button ans subscribe, heavy pans!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The views provided by the drone always make your videos special. The dog has a great Attitude! Looks like most everyone found some color, in the pan and in their minds as it is a mental health day anytime a person has the opportunity to "get out there"! Thanks for sharing.................63bkpkr

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Herb! Yes the real gold is the memories created for sure! Its going to be on heck of a spring due to the record snow pack, I hope we get some good flow this year to stir things up a bit!

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will all depend on how Spring starts but the possibility for a real "Gully Washer" is certainly there. At the moment the weather with snow from 5000' up and rain from there down is keeping the rivers higher right now while adding to the higher elevation snow levels. Crazy stuff!

If my favorite river goes over 50,000 CFS this spring, like it did in 2017, then amazing things will have taken place. We've only to wait till up to mid July for the snow to be gone from the higher reaches to be open though lower river stretches could be open before then.

Just recently I've watched your videos of the North Fork Falls and Pickering Bar, I've not been to either of those places in a long time. In years past I've been to the falls quite a few times by hiking the river though it looked like you found a trail down the mountain. I've rafted past Pickering Bar four times, getting through Lovers Leap Gorge is "Interesting".............63bkpkr

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Herb, I wouldn't want to wish a flood as I know there are folks affected by this, but from a gold standpoint we have the ingredients for one and only missing a good warm spell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread