Very cool, congrats !!

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The first minute looks great! Awesome drone footage! I can't wait to watch the rest tonight.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice.

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jerry, very nicely done! A pleasure to watch all of you "out there" in the clean water chasing the Cold Gold and cold it must have been, you ever check the water temperature??............63bkpkr

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jerry, very nicely done! A pleasure to watch all of you "out there" in the clean water chasing the Cold Gold and cold it must have been, you ever check the water temperature??............63bkpkr

Thanks Herb! Im not sure how cold but one day was right after a rain/snow storm and the water felt like it was fresh melt. Otherwise it hasn't been too bad yet. Come February it will be a different story in thinking..

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come February it could be High, Wide, Milk Chocolate Brown and Roaring!! All depends on the snow load and how quickly the area's heat up.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome stuff brother!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really liked the narration on the intro. Kind of had the Robert Redford “A River Runs Through It” vibe.

Question..the nuggets in the steel pan on the thumbnail..are those found sluicing and panning?
Or are those flakes in a really small pan?

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, The gold in the thumbnail is in a small metal finishing pan and the gold used in the spelling of "cold gold" is all +1/8" mess picker sized gold. The stuff in the background is an accumulation of the gold from the video. By the time I wanted to make the thumb it was an afterthought and the gold had been added to the years total jar, so I just cherry picked some bigger stuff for good show.

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a fun video I just posted of our best day of gold this year

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Friday video release, hope you all have a great 2018 and got some great gold!

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sigh, looks nice out there! Picked up a case of the flu late 24 Dec, just coming out of it today...................63bkpkr

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, I just uploaded a short video I put together of our last outing and wanted to share. Hope your having an excellent 2019 and your pans are heavy!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Jerry! What detector was used with what coil to sound off on that really nice picker/nugget? That sight was a bad one for warmth from the Sun, likely had solid sunlight in the canyon for only a short while somewhere around noon and then shadows again. The morning views looked like even the major boulders were wet from moisture in the air, mighty slippery And Cold stuff to work around. Very wise to have brought in Dry Wood as all the stuff down there will have been quite wet and anything worthwhile burning would have been way up and away from the water taking time away from the prospecting. What was the approximate air temp down there?

Good food is something that adds so much to any kind of trip in the outdoors but good food along with some gold and friends out together makes for a great day! Puppy maybe could have used a pile of jackets to snuggle in every now and then but I suspect it was active all day long going here and there, nothing like giving a bit of love every now and then to mans best friend. Thank you for sharing...............63bkpkr

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions