Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Crystals of the Dead Bear Republic

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3178 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    good stuff brother!
    Goldwasher and Asmbandits like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

us
    Jan 2015
    Morris County, NJ
    White's MXT White's Prism II
    514 times
    Gold Prospecting + Metal Detecting
    TNet community, I liked the looks of Jarrod's specimens so much I actually bought two of them (#2 and #4 from his pictures) from him!

A little backstory: I live in New Jersey and don't get to visit California or other "typical" gold country areas very often, so the likelihood of me ever finding gold-in-quartz myself is extremely low. But - I've always wanted to have some as a part of my meager collection of gold from my recreational trips to places like New Hampshire, Virginia, North Carolina, and an occasional pit-stop in California (I've been able to make some day trips to the Bear River up near Colfax). I've got pickers that I've found in the wild, and plenty of vials of flour and flake gold (I label each vial with where the gold is from and when I got it) - but I didn't have any gold in it's "natural habitat" (i.e. in host rock).

I liked the idea of owning a few pieces that I know the history of; it makes answering the question "where did that come from?" a lot easier and more fun ("That piece is from the Motherload in California!). I have a shelf in a bookcase in my living room dedicated to my finds and other interesting stuff that I enjoy, and Specimen #2 is going on that shelf. (#4 is just being tucked away so I can glance at it once in a while and dream...).

Jarrod was a great guy to work with during this transaction. I think he charged me a fair price (given all the work he put into finding the pieces) and he was very easy to communicate with during the purchase. I got the pieces quickly and they're exactly what his pictures showed. (I hope I'm not breaking forum rules by saying all this).

Thanks Jarrod!

- Brian

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11683 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc053 View Post
    TNet community, I liked the looks of Jarrod's specimens so much I actually bought two of them (#2 and #4 from his pictures) from him!

A little backstory: I live in New Jersey and don't get to visit California or other "typical" gold country areas very often, so the likelihood of me ever finding gold-in-quartz myself is extremely low. But - I've always wanted to have some as a part of my meager collection of gold from my recreational trips to places like New Hampshire, Virginia, North Carolina, and an occasional pit-stop in California (I've been able to make some day trips to the Bear River up near Colfax). I've got pickers that I've found in the wild, and plenty of vials of flour and flake gold (I label each vial with where the gold is from and when I got it) - but I didn't have any gold in it's "natural habitat" (i.e. in host rock).

I liked the idea of owning a few pieces that I know the history of; it makes answering the question "where did that come from?" a lot easier and more fun ("That piece is from the Motherload in California!). I have a shelf in a bookcase in my living room dedicated to my finds and other interesting stuff that I enjoy, and Specimen #2 is going on that shelf. (#4 is just being tucked away so I can glance at it once in a while and dream...).

Jarrod was a great guy to work with during this transaction. I think he charged me a fair price (given all the work he put into finding the pieces) and he was very easy to communicate with during the purchase. I got the pieces quickly and they're exactly what his pictures showed. (I hope I'm not breaking forum rules by saying all this).

Thanks Jarrod!

- Brian
    Glad you like them. Let me know next time you're gonna come to California.

We'll get you somewhere besides the Bear River.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links