Crystals of the Dead Bear Republic

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pieces of Mr. Pocket

Theres a lot on the surface still but the patches are getting pretty quite.

Raking cutting brush still. But its gonna be time to go deeper soon. BULLDOZER!!

The old timers left me a lot of clues.I can only imagine what they got since this is what they missed.

These are the nicest pieces from November. I have a lot of smaller stuff broken out from quartz that sounded off with the SDC.

A few of these were totally encased in quartz.

I dropped the tnet app from my phone. So, I don't really post too many pics anymore.

I have a mineral gallery interested so, I had to pull out the camera.

I need to get a crusher for the stuff that isn't specimin size or quality.

I sold the piece I showed 63bcpkr and awsmbandits with some others face to face so I don't have good pics of those sorry.
001.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG 015.JPG 017.JPG 018.JPG 020.JPG 022.JPG 023.JPG 024.JPG 025.JPG 026.JPG 028.JPG 029.JPG 032.JPG

Upvote 0

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you have been busy Jarrod! Stellar finds!

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm thinking there's a banner in here!

Nice job Jarrod. That SDC 2300 really can find gold with the right operator. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans
Barry

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a concept! Adding the weight of one of the most common minerals to the weight of one of the rarest elements and getting paid as much or more as if it were all gold.

Good job and pounds to you.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a concept! Adding the weight of one of the most common minerals to the weight of one of the rarest elements and getting paid as much or more as if it were all gold.

Good job and pounds to you.:thumbsup:
good money

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gorgeous finds! Excellent pictures as well.

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the type of gold in my neck of the woods.
A suggestion - if that is float gold..it likes to bleed downhill in very straight lines.
It’s worth marking the finds and projecting it either direction.

Easy selling that stuff for decent $$ up north.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A suggestion - if that is float gold..it likes to bleed downhill in very straight lines.

Easy selling that stuff for decent $$ up north.[/QUOTE

Its from digging. In amongst the ditches and prospects. I have veins located in several places.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Easy selling that stuff for decent $$ up north.[/QUOTE

Its from digging. In amongst the ditches and prospects. I have veins located in several places.

I think the trail of gold that led them to the dig can be far better than the careless losses.
Makes you really wonder doesn’t it?

Not only the float gold, but the steeper dry drainages that it settled into.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well hell ........ ole GW just beat'n some ass out there in California . Damn fine stuff man . :headbang::hello:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher those are some very nice specimens! Thank you for sharing!!………….63bkpkr

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the trail of gold that led them to the dig can be far better than the careless losses.
Makes you really wonder doesn’t it?

Not only the float gold, but the steeper dry drainages that it settled into.

The whole area around the lode is claimed We have it and the side with the most erosion. And the creek. I have got some float and elluvial placer. A lot of Alluvial in the creek. PICKERS GALORE. Specimen placer even. Sells over spot
Plus a lot of coil time in the adjacent areas just in case. But, so far all the gold comes from where I expect it to be not hope for.
Great fine gold in the small dry drainages.

Been working the Area since 2011. I share and show random finds. Definitely not everything. But, I have mainly been placer mining. I've got it pretty well sorted out. At this point the easy shallow stuff is playing out. On the hill sides at least.

Time to break down each prospect one by one sort through the Throw out/ waste rock pile totally. GB2 and sdc Probably dry wash them too.

Then it will be time for a push and scrape op. Too much over growth and top layer to keep working it this slow.Just taking off the top five inches will get be back to the pre Gold Rush ground level. Will eliminate almost all trash targets. No small brush and the ability to visually locate and sample contacts.

There is a serious amount of quartz showing visible mineralization that will be stockpiled for crushing. I've yet to set up for that. Since my house is like ten minutes away I'll be crushing and finishing at home.

I don't think their losses were careless. The stuff they were hand sorting was very rich. The mines around here were known for fabulous high grade pockets.

I'm working every drainage even the smallest. The whole hillside all around and below. Everything that we have rights to.

It's not "where is it coming from" anymore. I am pounding the logical approaches to get the associated float.

But again It's to the point where I need to lessen the distance from coil to targets. Sample the lode the old fashioned way as well.

Time to dig deeper.

Having claims with good placer and the source lode is pretty FUN :headbang:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found that the narrow steep draws below these deposits generally have good gold 3-4 feet down on bedrock.
Many times they were passed over for lack of water and volume of paydirt.

I think those old timers grabbed every chunk of rock with visible gold just like we would today.
They did not have the ability to control their blasts very well and many times some ore got mixed in with the tailings.
Sorting ore in the dark under candle light was probably not the easiest thing to do.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good stuff brother!

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TNet community, I liked the looks of Jarrod's specimens so much I actually bought two of them (#2 and #4 from his pictures) from him!

A little backstory: I live in New Jersey and don't get to visit California or other "typical" gold country areas very often, so the likelihood of me ever finding gold-in-quartz myself is extremely low. But - I've always wanted to have some as a part of my meager collection of gold from my recreational trips to places like New Hampshire, Virginia, North Carolina, and an occasional pit-stop in California (I've been able to make some day trips to the Bear River up near Colfax). I've got pickers that I've found in the wild, and plenty of vials of flour and flake gold (I label each vial with where the gold is from and when I got it) - but I didn't have any gold in it's "natural habitat" (i.e. in host rock).

I liked the idea of owning a few pieces that I know the history of; it makes answering the question "where did that come from?" a lot easier and more fun ("That piece is from the Motherload in California!). I have a shelf in a bookcase in my living room dedicated to my finds and other interesting stuff that I enjoy, and Specimen #2 is going on that shelf. (#4 is just being tucked away so I can glance at it once in a while and dream...).

Jarrod was a great guy to work with during this transaction. I think he charged me a fair price (given all the work he put into finding the pieces) and he was very easy to communicate with during the purchase. I got the pieces quickly and they're exactly what his pictures showed. (I hope I'm not breaking forum rules by saying all this).

Thanks Jarrod!

- Brian

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TNet community, I liked the looks of Jarrod's specimens so much I actually bought two of them (#2 and #4 from his pictures) from him!

A little backstory: I live in New Jersey and don't get to visit California or other "typical" gold country areas very often, so the likelihood of me ever finding gold-in-quartz myself is extremely low. But - I've always wanted to have some as a part of my meager collection of gold from my recreational trips to places like New Hampshire, Virginia, North Carolina, and an occasional pit-stop in California (I've been able to make some day trips to the Bear River up near Colfax). I've got pickers that I've found in the wild, and plenty of vials of flour and flake gold (I label each vial with where the gold is from and when I got it) - but I didn't have any gold in it's "natural habitat" (i.e. in host rock).

I liked the idea of owning a few pieces that I know the history of; it makes answering the question "where did that come from?" a lot easier and more fun ("That piece is from the Motherload in California!). I have a shelf in a bookcase in my living room dedicated to my finds and other interesting stuff that I enjoy, and Specimen #2 is going on that shelf. (#4 is just being tucked away so I can glance at it once in a while and dream...).

Jarrod was a great guy to work with during this transaction. I think he charged me a fair price (given all the work he put into finding the pieces) and he was very easy to communicate with during the purchase. I got the pieces quickly and they're exactly what his pictures showed. (I hope I'm not breaking forum rules by saying all this).

Thanks Jarrod!

- Brian

Glad you like them. Let me know next time you're gonna come to California.

We'll get you somewhere besides the Bear River.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread