Merry Christmas my friends!

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C0AEEE19-39C8-4874-BE67-CF53D18E9020.jpeg

Merry Christmas my prospecting friends. I hope all of you have a fine Christmas and a great new year.

Here is a couple sharpening steels I’m making for my sons as gifts.

7E22016A-34AA-4894-BFE5-762E101F0CE3.jpeg

Mike

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are really nice wow!!!!Happy Holidays to you and your Family as well Tommy

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Merry Christmas and all the best in the new year,

Lanny

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Merry Christmas Mike

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Merry Christmas And a Happy New year to All. And Cheers too.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike those are some nice photos - the fire looks nice and cozy, the colorful tree and of course the stuffed seasonal cat. The sharpening tools with antler handles look way cool! Hope your Christmas has been superb!...........63bkpkr

OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Herb, it was really nice here in the Pacific Northwest. My sons and I spent one day cleaning the skulls of 3 Sitka Blacktails for European mounts. A great time.

Thank you for your words on the forum. You’ve lived life well I think.

Happy and healthy new year,
Mike

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mike, European mounts I believe those would be bone and antlers only?

"I've lived life well" - I'm not quite certain about that but the day I found myself down in that canyon with the river roaring was a life changer for me! That canyon will always be a well remembered part of my life. My business life and canyon life became somewhat similar, I began taking somewhat thought out chances in both of them. This choice caused me to grow in experience and learning and I'd rather it did not stop.

Every now and then I feel like I am in some portion of the movie Jeremiah Johnson. The first time I went into 'My Canyon' I was just as dumb or dumber than he was, only being physically fit got me in and out of there that time. The physical fitness part has remained a known fact that I must be fit or fairly fit depending upon the trip. I've come up with a good bit of first hand learning from lots of mistakes, only once I could not get myself out on my own. Though my equipment did get me out. I've a few miles in the back country left in me though some portions of my body are wearing thin to quite thin. In my mind I will always want to be out there!

When I was a young child, our father took my brother and I to this Very Fine movie theater in Downtown Detroit Michigan, the movie was the original of "King Solomon's Mines". That movie really stuck with me. Some time in about 2007 I happened across a DVD of that same movie and snapped it up. As I watched it I felt like I was back in that Detroit movie theater, all excited. After watching it as an adult I realized why, it's an adventure movie! So I've been taking myself on real live Adventure's ever since 1963!

Let's see what 2019 brings and I am working on being fit, Herb

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread