Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great vid That's my dream some day!!!!!!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
well fella, if you cant beat your mate, then learn from him. He brings in more gold than some other youtubers out with their 2 inch keene dredge working for hours on end.

He has some cool sniping vids, you should get in on some of that.

OP
OP
Smithsgold

Smithsgold

Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well fella, if you cant beat your mate, then learn from him. He brings in more gold than some other youtubers out with their 2 inch keene dredge working for hours on end.

He has some cool sniping vids, you should get in on some of that.

I've been Sniping with him a few times I was there when he had his best day this year but I had gotten a root canal the day before so I didn't get in the water that day

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have done all kinds of crevicing/sniping and where there is a will there is a way. About 45 years ago I went to a BLM public area and everyone was either dredging or digging in the banks of the river...(back then you could dig). Since it was summer I noticed that there were huge bedrock ledges just out of the main course of the river across the river from the campground... (Sixes River Oregon). I thought: what the heck I'll try something different, so I set up my Honda Generator...strung an extension cord across the river (out of the water of course) and took a big shop vac and sluice box across the river. I began productive crevicing.....running the material through a sluice I had set up in the river.

Recently I have incorporated the same method in AZ. It works great. I haul material back (27.... 5 gal buckets to a hi banker set up where there is water).

While dredging in Az I discovered the source of the gold was up on a dry bedrock ledge/bank. I ran back and got my generator and shop vac set up and went up and vac'd it off and dumped the material in the creek by my nozzle. It really produced some good gold.

I do have a gas vac and use it...but my big shop vac holds a lot more and has a bigger hose so I often prefer the electric power over the gas if I don't have to pack it very far.

Bejay

Last edited:
OP
OP
Smithsgold

Smithsgold

Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done all kinds of crevicing/sniping and where there is a will there is a way. About 45 years ago I went to a BLM public area and everyone was either dredging or digging in the banks of the river...(back then you could dig). Since it was summer I noticed that there were huge bedrock ledges just out of the main course of the river across the river from the campground... (Sixes River Oregon). I thought: what the heck I'll try something different, so I set up my Honda Generator...strung an extension cord across the river (out of the water of course) and took a big shop vac and sluice box across the river. I began productive crevicing.....running the material through a sluice I had set up in the river.

Recently I have incorporated the same method in AZ. It works great. I haul material back (27.... 5 gal buckets to a hi banker set up where there is water).

While dredging in Az I discovered the source of the gold was up on a dry bedrock ledge/bank. I ran back and got my generator and shop vac set up and went up and vac'd it off and dumped the material in the creek by my nozzle. It really produced some good gold.

ork !!!!
I do have a gas vac and use it...but my big shop vac holds a lot more and has a bigger hose so I often prefer the electric power over the gas if I don't have to pack it very far.

Bejay

Maybe this summer I'll have to try that I'd have to make a few trips to pack everything in and leave it for the season but it would work !!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread