About time!

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YESSSS! My map finally arrived! I've been waiting for this map since my order a month ago. The surrounding maps came quick but the main map I needed was delayed. Now I can set up the claim forms and get those printed with the claim map on the back of the sheet. I'm setting them up with the entire township the claims will be in, plus the grid/mag north and scales for the map. At least that way I don't have to worry about separate maps that could get lost. The copies that will be posted with the claim will be printed on waterproof inkjet paper.

Upvote 0

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never filed a claim but I'm curious as to why you went to this extent. I thought discovery,and subsequent post markers that have know bearings to a distinct feature in the topography is sufficient. Is this claim or claims in an area of a lot of claims or an unusual boundaries?

OP
OP
Capt Nemo

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the Alaska MTRSC claim, it's best to do a claim map. The map needs to be at a scale of 1:63,360 and show relation to other claims nearby, along with a designation of north. If you download the certificate, the pdf file prints as 2 pages, and only the first page with the claim info needs to be recorded. So putting the map on the backside, then you check the box "Attached to this certificate."

MTRSC info.
Forms – Division of Mining, Land, and Water

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand now the need to be that through considering the state its located in.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of detailed work Now could save one from a lot of headache later. A very specialized type of CYA!............63bkpkr

OP
OP
Capt Nemo

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have the northeast posts built with a screw top container to hold the paperwork. The other three just have caps. We'll brand the info into the top of the cap with a battery soldering iron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions