Pretty sure I just scored on a Gold King 1.5"x2" pump w/T80!

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Long story short, I got my previous Harbor Freight Pacific Hydrostar 2" trash pump and 2 blowers I was going to convert to gas vacks(was going to sell one) stolen out of the back yard :BangHead:

Ended up searching on facebook marketplace and saw a guy 2 hours away selling a "trash pump" for $150. Looked oddly like a dredge pump and compressor to me! So i chatted with the guy, and he didnt know anything about it except the previous old homeowner left it over along with various other shed items as "payment" for not getting certain things repaired before the house sold. So its been sitting in a shed for a good while. Score. She looks fine, replaced the oil, and spark plug, added fuel, a couple spirts of starter fluid and she idled right up. I shut her down, not even 15 seconds and went to work getting a suction hose and foot valve attached. Its a Gold King 2" intake X 1.5" outlet on a 5hp Briggs n Stratton with T80 Compressor.

20181226_114046.jpg

20181226_113842.jpg

20181226_114106.jpg

20181226_114139.jpg

My main concerns are the T80 compressor since its been sitting for so long, and gaskets/seals for the pump itself. Being out of production, this might be hard.

Compressor - any filters to change out? Do they need to be cleaned out? Any suggestions other than keeping the intake UPWIND of the exhaust? Do i snorkel it? Or add a muffler and divert the exhaust further?

Pump - Where might I be able to find an outer seal for it, or can I possibly get away with making a seal out of something like rubber if I need something temporary?
I have no leak issues yet, but just planning ahead and trying to get ahead of any forseable issues on an old pump

Thanks for the help guys! :hello:

Attachments

• 20181226_114106.jpg
    20181226_114106.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant help yo. Looks like you got a good deal

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score the ps2 dredge pump seal should work, like for keene or proline
still get T-80 air compressor parts here
a new Diaphragm and reed valves should be all you need the white felt filter can be washed with soap and water.
might not need any parts if it wasn't used much, yes take the head off and clean it, remove the valve plate
if you have problems getting them apart I just soak in hot soapy water,
I like to wipe the insides with alcohol with a few drops of mineral oil, helps stops the aluminum oxidizing.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread