Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Does anyone else just bring gravel at home to find gold?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10981 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Wow.. i didn't expect TNET to have a thread about the easiest way to get the least amount of gold...

Yet here it is
    et1955, Clay Diggins and johnedoe like this.

us
    Oct 2018
    Central Valley California
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    Wow.. i didn't expect TNET to have a thread about the easiest way to get the least amount of gold...

Yet here it is
    How so? I've gotten more gold from the gravel I bring back home. I understand what other people say here by wanting to experience being outdoors instead but where I'm at that goddamn bear is still lurking about so it's not really relaxing for me at all.
    Goldwasher, wildminer and Hamfist like this.

if it flies, it dies

Jan 2015
    gpx 4500 sdc 2300
    1075 times
    ducks, bucks and gold
    i suppose if i were able to drive up to my intended prspecting location, and needed some fill, then it would be a no brainer, but its hard enough packing in a full size sluice and buckets, shovel, water and food. i couldnt imagine trying to pack out buckets of dirt. if my intention was to pack out paydirt, then it would only be material from cleaned cracks. not material from a gravel bar. then again the medicine to my fever requires my batteries to be charged....... speaking of, better get it on the charger if i want some newyear's day gold!!!
    et1955 and Clay Diggins like this.
    got the fever? dont scratch the itch.

Nov 2012
    139 times
    I often bring buckets home to a small wash plant I have set up. Where I live water is scarce, and where it flows is often claimed. High benches where I can drive to are an easy way to process material. I live in the country and regulations are more lenient at home. I have a place for the tailings and the washed screened gravel is a bonus. I don't have to wade in cold water and bend over and carry a lot of gear. I can process 20 buckets in a few hours. I pour the buckets into a wheelbarrow that is easy to shovel out of into my hopper. For me it works. Some times I go to the mountain, and some times the mountain comes to me.
    wildminer likes this.

us
    Jun 2018
    Arazona/montana
    18 times
    Prospecting
    Yea I do the same but I have a dump truck and haul gravel rocks and all home and run it through a trommel😎

RTR
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20
    7834 times
    Bringing home classified material (to work on it in my leisure), works for me .This months take on my DIY (20x44" Miller table) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	3.65 MB 
ID:	1666369
    And its far more enjoying than watching a 500 channel TV,with Nothing on it

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2008
    Fort Dick, Ca.
    944 times
    I only bring small samples from good looking ground I come across while working, hunting or fishing to try and locate new potential. I have brought home a few partial buckets of screened material, from proven ground, for friends or folks staying at my cabin to learn how to pan. As much fun teaching then watching people learn how pan and find their first natural gold.

Mike
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2008
    Fort Dick, Ca.
    944 times
    Nice gold RTR. The one vial, third from the top, looks like you might have mercury covered gold in with a more natural colored one. If so I’d separate them as the mercury will migrate to the natural nugget.

Mike
    et1955, RTR and Clay Diggins like this.

us
    Apr 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
    1285 times
    Prospecting
    Yes, I bring dirt home. I work until I have to leave. So I am taking home concentrates in a bucket and any material I dug but did not have time to run. Usually that is a bucket of screened material that I see no reason to dump out.
    wildminer likes this.

RTR
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    7834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by delnorter View Post
    Nice gold RTR. The one vial, third from the top, looks like you might have mercury covered gold in with a more natural colored one. If so I’d separate them as the mercury will migrate to the natural nugget.

Mike
    I believe the 'white' pieces are platinum and Falcon says their gold.
    Also they come from a mine that produces platinum.I have other pieces that are coated in mercury but these are way too shiny than the mercury pieces.
    Last edited by RTR; Jan 02, 2019 at 10:33 AM.

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1768 times
    I do this with hardrock ore, bring the rock to the mill.
    My drywashin cons are also brought home as the bees are still on the attack even in the winter, something about open water, anyways it's more comfortable pannin at home.

I've seen guys haul out buckets to sluice at home with success.
    Gt........

us
    Nov 2014
    Northern California
    White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
    435 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Bringing home classified material (to work on it in my leisure), works for me .This months take on my DIY (20x44" Miller table) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	3.65 MB 
ID:	1666369
    And its far more enjoying than watching a 500 channel TV,with Nothing on it
    Dang that's awesome, mind sharing your homemade miller table. I want to make one.

RTR
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    7834 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CA Gold Hunter View Post
    Dang that's awesome, mind sharing your homemade miller table. I want to make one.
    Basically I wanted one bigger than you could buy (to do more volume quicker). So I made this one 20"x44". Total cost just about $100.00 Actually its quite easy to make thanks to Utube Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	1668008
    Used this paint & pump. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	1668010 Money pit (for catching Minus 150 -200 mesh). Works great ,width & depth of a table saw blade.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	1668011
    Only complaint is I didn't make this Years ago !
    Magnified shot of money pit w/ - 100 mesh trapped in it w/ water flowing over it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	033.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	1668012
    Last edited by RTR; Jan 06, 2019 at 08:03 AM.
    johnedoe and CA Gold Hunter like this.

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    1894 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Basically I wanted one bigger than you could buy (to do more volume quicker). So I made this one 20"x44". Total cost just about $100.00 Actually its quite easy to make thanks to Utube Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	1668008
    Used this paint & pump. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	1668010 Money pit (for catching Minus 150 -200 mesh). Works great ,width & depth of a table saw blade.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	1668011
    Only complaint is I didn't make this Years ago !
    Magnified shot of money pit w/ - 100 mesh trapped in it w/ water flowing over it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	033.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	1668012
    Nice job .......
    RTR and wildminer like this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    5365 times
    Prospecting
    Haven't run my miller table in a couple years, but seeing the pics of RTR's
    table made me go dig it out.

Built much the same as RTR's (old thread about it here somewhere), it's
    16" x 48" inside, and built on a solid oak, former table leaf.

Brought home buckets of classified material many, many times. I think
    the last time was a trip to Calif., and brought home over a dozen buckets
    of material I had dug..and all from the wrong end of the 10' rectangular
    hole we had dug. got zilch...
    et1955 and RTR like this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links