GPAA/LDMA properties for vacations and retirement?

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm gettin on toward my rewirement years, and thinkin on mellow, interesting things to do while I wait for the Reaper.

I'd to road trip a little motorhome and trailer around east of the Mississippi,

I enjoyed prospecting gold here in Michigan, but I've reached a point that I'm just not impressed with the reward at the end of the day. I ain't hopin to get rich, but just a little more fruits of my labor then a flake or two, and maybe even have a chance at a nugget or gem.

Could a man play a few months a year on GPAA or LDMA properties and feel he somewhat justified his workday in precious products from the earth ?

Upvote 0

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A membership would be worth it just for the social values.

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to know too, I just got a 1 year membership since they got some free gold paydirt promo right now. Hope it's worth it, there's several claims around the Mariposa county area where I go to that are belonging to the GPAA.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Having been a Oregon placer claim owner/miner for 40 plus years I can honestly say that going south to Az for the winter and utilizing an LDMA membership was well worth the investment. I can't tell you how many gold mining friends I made over the years (10 years of LDMA). The gold take was not the significant part of the experience. Finding gold is great...and I had some good years and I had some poor years. But I can never replace the friendships I made. Plus sitting down in the desert next to Rich Hill and enjoying endless days of winter sunshine can't be beat. Watching the snow/rain/wind from the northern home front (TV weather), while enjoying the AZ sun filled winters is awesome. Yep....a great experience in life for those of us who have the fever. I have an early LDMA membership that has more privileges than the newer ones. Many old timers like myself decide to sell their memberships; and there are always some available at a very discounted price. I had my membership on Craigs list for awhile.

Bejay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions