Grizzly gold trap pricing

oldbones

Feb 20, 2017
North California
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk Recon, GGT Nugget, Gold n Sand Hand Dredge, Pans and classifiers.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe it was between $170-$190. And if you're looking for a buyer I'll put my foot first in line.

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the quick reply oldbones. I'm currently looking for a suitable shipping box right now so pm or email me and well talk new ownership.
Bob

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Underburden, I can not blame you for passing along something that has not been used. I've a BGT Mini and a GGT that have not touched the water, YET! I'm hoping to get them both into the water eventually!................63bkpkr

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Underburden, I can not blame you for passing along something that has not been used. I've a BGT Mini and a GGT that have not touched the water, YET! I'm hoping to get them both into the water eventually!................63bkpkr

Run that Mini extremely flat and even then you’ll lose all the -100 gold. The GGT is easier to run right and catch it all down to the limits of your vision.

PS I just sold a couple of my Bazookas that I’m not using any longer. There’s definitely still a market. GGT is only making their larger size now due to the broken mold issue so a Bazooka Sniper is a valuable tool! An acquaintance is buying mine at a club meeting tonight. I let him have it and a BGT cap for $120 since I know him. Worth more but...

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
63bkpkr, I have a BGT Prospector that I last used in 2015 just prior to my first stroke. I have a bit of equipment that got shelved back then but I'm going to give it another try this year...I hope. It's funny how when you're young you want for money, but once you retire, good health is worth millions. I can't buy a cure for my impaired vision and it's not for lack of cash but rather no medical cure.
Stay healthy my friends!

oldbones

Feb 20, 2017
North California
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk Recon, GGT Nugget, Gold n Sand Hand Dredge, Pans and classifiers.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Underburden, I actually sold my BGT Prospector to fund a purchase of the GGT. It sold, next day I went to get on the GGT website and they were no more. So you are doing me a huge favor by letting me purchase the Nugget from you. Much appreciated.

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had my BGT turbo-tuned in 2015. If I can pull ¼ of what's shown in the pan this year, I'll be real pleased.
chunky monkeys.JPG

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Kevin, excellent information to know!

I've zero idea for Certain of when I will get back out there but I want to very badly, I miss being out there a lot, even if I'm not prospecting! The A52 pictured below worked so much better than panning, even though it is set up all Wrong it still caught gold. But, it did allow the biggest picker to go all the way out of the sluice! I was really bummed when it did that. IF I have the chance I'd bring in both the BGT mini as well as my much larger (but NOT the largest) GGT. I'd love to be in there for two months, two months of sunshine, clear cool water, wilderness, bears, bugs, snakes, etc. Yeah, bring it on!!

All I can do right now is dream, so I shall!............63bkpkr

183_8334_r1.jpg 188_8814.JPG

190_9046.JPG Camera Dump 8 26 03 056.jpg

PICT0016.JPG YUP, really Good Times!! :hello:

Last edited:

mofugly13

Jan 30, 2015
San Francisco, Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin, I have a mini, used only once, and I also have a homemade prospector clone. The prospector clone seems to catch more gold, but it also runs more material. What makes you say it loses fine gold? Genuinely curious, because I’ll just leave it behind if that’s the case.

And, what is a turbo tuned BGT?

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mofugly13, Turbo Tuned is just a "hyper verb" to describe that the BGT was running at high efficiency based on the 40 grams recovered from the trap.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin, I have a mini, used only once, and I also have a homemade prospector clone. The prospector clone seems to catch more gold, but it also runs more material. What makes you say it loses fine gold? Genuinely curious, because I’ll just leave it behind if that’s the case.

And, what is a turbo tuned BGT?

What makes me say the Mini loses -100 gold? Lots of testing. Use of all 4 sizes of BGTs and all 3 sizes of GGTs. Goldwasher will also tell you the same thing.

The mini is great for how compact it but that tiny fluid bed has limited functionality.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured the Mini would be good for assessing the colors in a lot of dirt quickly though faster than panning, at least faster than my panning.........63bkpkr

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it loses gold bigger than 100 mesh... way bigger.

it was the worse sluice I ever tried (tied with the amp ) I pushed constantly to have it taken out of production.

it and the super mini were popular because people wanted the cheapest bazooka they could get..

hated it

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang, so how much is my mini worth now? It's just gathering dust along with the sniper. I've just used my GGT a couple times, haven't found much except for a few specks with it, but that was expected because of the location. However the GGT will be my go to fluid bed sluice. The specks of gold were in the riffles on the deck.

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
wildminer, keep in mind that both of them were singing the praises not long ago.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang, so how much is my mini worth now? It's just gathering dust along with the sniper. I've just used my GGT a couple times, haven't found much except for a few specks with it, but that was expected because of the location. However the GGT will be my go to fluid bed sluice. The specks of gold were in the riffles on the deck.

I would wager that many prospective buyers do not read this forum so do not know of the negative reviews from those in the know from start to finish...pick a reasonable price for your mini and advertise on ebay and you may get some bites.

Last edited:

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No hurry, but I'll tell ya' if I trip over one of them sometime I'll be the one to break and not the sluice! Mine are not flimsy in any way.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

put it on craigslist for twenty bucks more than original retail it will sell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions