Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: West coast storms ------- Cold snow dumper followed by warm could = WATCHOUT !

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2008
    Fort Dick, Ca.
    962 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    There’s more raincoming your way John. Raining like a cow peeing on a flat road over here on the coast. I’ve a 12 hour solo shift tomorrow on Hwy 199. There’ll be a lot of rocks to plow, hopefully no big slides. The Smith River is already running high and muddy. Moving some material.

Mike
    beekbuster likes this.

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4204 times
    delnorter, didn't realize uz was in flat rock cow peein country,careful where you step! ...........63bkpkr

Thanks for the heads up! Be interesting to see what it does up NorCal way.
    delnorter and beekbuster like this.
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2008
    Fort Dick, Ca.
    962 times
    You darn right Herb, it’s not so bad those cows peeing on a flat rock, but when they crap on a good river skipping rock it’s another story. Ha ha.

Well the storm has passed and it’s beautiful up here again today. A pretty good amount of rain, about 11 inches in 4 days. Not a flood, but turned the otherwise gin clear Smith River pretty chocolate colored. There will be a little rearaingment of the gravel bars and a few slides, but not much change in the river.

Come on up this way some day Herb, we’ll do a little panning.

Mike
    63bkpkr likes this.

Jan 2019
    5 times
    63bkpkr, I was out on NFAR just below the confluence a good ways Thursday and Friday at water level. 11,000cfm wasn't moving much. Perfect opportunity to go get an idea for what the stream is doin at 40-50,000cfm though I'll tell ya now those perennial creeks & drainages on the other hand... Found this along the way, any clue as to what the hell I found? Heavy as hell. Like soaking wet in leather heavy [ATTACH=CONFIG]1673362[/Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190117_103052108.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	1673362
    Last edited by Erect and Caffeinated; Jan 22, 2019 at 01:03 AM.
    63bkpkr likes this.

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    4204 times
    E&C, The multicolored rock - take a magnet to it, I offer that as it may have iron in it that will attract the magnet, the red/rust color. If not magnetic then can you easily separate or cause flakes to come off of it, like peeling layers loose? If you can peel layers then possibly Mica. If a magnet clings to it then iron and if so I'd break it open as Iron might be associated with gold.

The river flow - when you say confluence do you mean the meeting of the North Fork and the Middle Fork between the new vehicle bridge and the old Train bridge?? Or elsewhere?? They may be letting Clementine Dam fill and are only letting the normal flow for this time of year exit the Dam, total guess on my part. 11,000 CFS should not be massive but it still should be noticeable.

Thank you for the input..............63bkpkr

Jan 2019
    5 times
    Thanks 63'. Broke the boulder down to manageable pieces and hid them in a good stash spot that's always served me right and brought home what I thought would contain values. Crushed it up pretty good, ran it thru the blue bowl. Goin back into the canyon today to hump the rest out and probe the other half of the boulder. Maybe take a peek up hill/stream a ways. There's an old hydraulic mine tailings pile within 100 yards of where I found it. Lots and lots of quartz. Darndest thing, some of it smells like sulfur/rotten eggs.

Ill check in with y'all in a couple days. Got to go stretch out my legs. Maybe I'll start a journal and let y'all see what I do and some of my finds.
    63bkpkr likes this.

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    4204 times
    E & C, we would enjoy your sharing your "leg stretches" with all of us!.........63bkpkr

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2744 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Erect and Caffeinated View Post
    Thanks 63'. Broke the boulder down to manageable pieces and hid them in a good stash spot that's always served me right and brought home what I thought would contain values. Crushed it up pretty good, ran it thru the blue bowl. Goin back into the canyon today to hump the rest out and probe the other half of the boulder. Maybe take a peek up hill/stream a ways. There's an old hydraulic mine tailings pile within 100 yards of where I found it. Lots and lots of quartz. Darndest thing, some of it smells like sulfur/rotten eggs.

Ill check in with y'all in a couple days. Got to go stretch out my legs. Maybe I'll start a journal and let y'all see what I do and some of my finds.
    Pyrites often smell like sulfur....https://www.google.com/search?q=does...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links