West coast storms ------- Cold snow dumper followed by warm could = WATCHOUT !

Jan 21, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks 63'. Broke the boulder down to manageable pieces and hid them in a good stash spot that's always served me right and brought home what I thought would contain values. Crushed it up pretty good, ran it thru the blue bowl. Goin back into the canyon today to hump the rest out and probe the other half of the boulder. Maybe take a peek up hill/stream a ways. There's an old hydraulic mine tailings pile within 100 yards of where I found it. Lots and lots of quartz. Darndest thing, some of it smells like sulfur/rotten eggs.

Ill check in with y'all in a couple days. Got to go stretch out my legs. Maybe I'll start a journal and let y'all see what I do and some of my finds.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E & C, we would enjoy your sharing your "leg stretches" with all of us!.........63bkpkr

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks 63'. Broke the boulder down to manageable pieces and hid them in a good stash spot that's always served me right and brought home what I thought would contain values. Crushed it up pretty good, ran it thru the blue bowl. Goin back into the canyon today to hump the rest out and probe the other half of the boulder. Maybe take a peek up hill/stream a ways. There's an old hydraulic mine tailings pile within 100 yards of where I found it. Lots and lots of quartz. Darndest thing, some of it smells like sulfur/rotten eggs.

Ill check in with y'all in a couple days. Got to go stretch out my legs. Maybe I'll start a journal and let y'all see what I do and some of my finds.

Pyrites often smell like sulfur....https://www.google.com/search?q=doe...ome..69i57.21126j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread