Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: West coast storms ------- Cold snow dumper followed by warm could = WATCHOUT !

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2012
    Reno NV
    113 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

West coast storms ------- Cold snow dumper followed by warm could = WATCHOUT !

Be on alert folks these 2 storms = COLD SNOW DUMPER FOLLOWED BY WARM HAWAIIAN EXPRESS !
    POTENTIAL HEADS UP !
    johnnysau
    mytimetoshine and rook3434 like this.
    Hey save your gold dust, you'll need to give change when the dollar goes south !

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3102 times
    It's been coming down steady all day in El Dorado County. Expecting blizzard conditions tomorrow!
    Asmbandits and 63bkpkr like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    5107 times
    We are getting a rare steady rainfall this week in SoCal Streets are starting to get a lot of running water on them!!
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    17384 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Here in the east, more snow. It will end by April I'm sure.

Feb 2014
    2048 times
    Right idea but IMHO but I don't think there was enough snow base to get the event you are thinking of. Might make for some messy areas and will be a PITA for some but not enough for a gold moving event.

Nice observation though
    rodoconnor likes this.
    Never confuse motion with progress

Illegitimi non carborundum

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4204 times
    @ 8:35 AM 16 Jan 2019 the current Ski Resort reports show's a real mixed bag of results for snow fall in the last 24 hours and 72 hours as well as base levels:

Lowest 24hr/72hr amount = Zero Inches with a base layer of 96" minimum to 96" maximum

Highest with recent snow 24hr/72hr amount = 29"(so limited snow fall), with a base layer of 67" minimum to 107" maximum

Lowest with recent snow 24hr/72hr amount = 7", with a base layer of 20" minimum to 33" maximum

Of course if you look at the snow fall in the last 24/72 hours and add that to the minimum base layer it Never adds up to the maximum base layer amount they indicate. I would say they are estimating (guessing as to draw more people up to the mountains-maybe I'm just a skeptic but I've had it with governments and big business in the USA lying to us little folks) anyway, the results are Estimated.

IF a hot spell were to come through And it would include all of the NorCal Sierra Nevada mountains All At Once and last long enough then maybe it would do something But as the river drainage's are by a canyon to canyon basis it is impossible to tell just what could happen. Or, wait and see what actually happens as opposed to the "Science" of weather guessing! IMHO...............63bkpkr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4474.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	3.45 MB 
ID:	1671563 9:21 PM 16 Jan 19 the NFAR flow is just short of 3000 CFS, looks like its starting to lower.

The above water flow chart from Lake Clementine along the NFAR was just downloaded, it seems to still be rising but 2000 CFS is nothing but one Heck of a Raft Ride down that river!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's see where it tops out at! In 2017 the flow hit 50,000 CFS followed ~ 2 months later by 40,000 CFS, now That's some amount of water And Yes it Really Moved a lot of gravel/boulders/dirt and whatever else was down there AND the fish and aquatic life survived like it was normal, GEE!! I think Somebody LIED to Everyone about all the damage suction dredging does!
    Last edited by 63bkpkr; Jan 17, 2019 at 12:22 AM.
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

MAGA

Dec 2015
    Oregon Coast
    718 times
    Prospecting
    Drove by and over Lake Shasta in late December and my hillbilly official observation was there is room for a LOT more water!

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    4204 times
    wildminer, LOL! "hillbilly official observation"!!!!
    wildminer and russau like this.

if it flies, it dies

Jan 2015
    gpx 4500 sdc 2300
    1099 times
    ducks, bucks and gold
    its a blowin hard out there. watch out for debris and low flying waterfowl. creeks and rivers are swollen.
    wildminer likes this.
    got the fever? dont scratch the itch.

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    4204 times

What a Difference a Day Makes like My Oh My!

Name:	IMG_4476.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	1671813 So here is this mornings CFS flow rate for the NFAR in the Sierra Nevada Mountains out of Sacramento (California of course).

Last night around 9PM it was just below 3000 CFS and here it is this morning (now 9:53 AM) peaking at just over 11,000 CFS! I would have loved to have been camped in the canyon last night 300' or 400' or more above the sunset water level of the river as last night there had to be some crashing, banging, roaring and such going on down there! However, 11K CFS is something but not a lot as compared to 40K or 50K but, still its nothing to get caught in! Stay Safe, its winter after all!...............63bkpkr

Name:	IMG_4477.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	1671847 So Four Hours later, it is down to ~7,040 CFS. I'd say the big dump is over unless more comes through late today

It is now ~ 4:00 PM 17 Jan 2018 and the CFS is at ~ 6500. It is snowing from Blue Canyon (5022' elevation) on up Highway 80, at Soda Springs (6095' Elv) the snow is heavier with more showing on Hwy 80 itself. At Dutch Flat highway 80 is wet but no snow. The area is expecting Rain/Snow as the temperature varies.

It seems like it is winter in the Sierras!
    Last edited by 63bkpkr; Jan 17, 2019 at 07:23 PM.
    T.C. and wildminer like this.

May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    1809 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wildminer View Post
    Drove by and over Lake Shasta in late December and my hillbilly official observation was there is room for a LOT more water!
    Have ya ever detected it when it was low?? There's so much area there, you would have to do it like an 8 to 5 job and never cover it all.

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    4204 times
    T.C. - even when any location is high or low it is just SO Much area to cover by one person it would take a lifetime and still not reach it all. Of course the targets can shift some so each year any location is somewhat different especially closer to even minimally active water sources but then, a person has just got to try! Keep enjoying being out there................63bkpkr

MAGA

Dec 2015
    Oregon Coast
    718 times
    Prospecting
    TC No, but that's an interesting thought.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2744 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by wildminer View Post
    TC No, but that's an interesting thought.
    "Just cleaning up the lead officer."
    63bkpkr likes this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6610 times
    Over 4" on wednesday at shasta dam and shasta rising at lakehead finally as they had 10" of rain at the forest station there-John
    63bkpkr and Clay Diggins like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links