No GPAA Gold Show in Vegas 2019? - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: No GPAA Gold Show in Vegas 2019?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2063 times
    Prospecting
    The yearly payment doesn't look as bad at least hehe. Or maybe a few years of buying gold and staying home instead of that might be better who knows? I can make a mistake just as good as the next guy!
    I can see where an out of stater with a limited vacation could use it but still hi dolla! Better be some serious grams for that price tag geez.
    I do have to say of my buddies that are in clubs, they are tight lipped about it and I've never gotten the secrets from them. They tell me what they get but never locations or the secret hand shake, passwords, real names.....I do have to admit they take it serious. They like their clubs and that's cool, not for me so much.

I have taken people out quite a few times around here when they come through but mostly to my septarian nodule and petrified wood spots. One guy gave my wife a beautiful lake superior agate necklace he made and people are always very thankful for it, saves them months or YEARS of prospecting for it. It's always a fun time when someone sees gold for the first time in the pan and they really have funny reactions. That's something that glues its picture in your brain.
    Rail Dawg and delnorter like this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12181 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho View Post
    I've been self-employed my entire adult life, other than my time in the Air Force, and I can tell you it isn't all about the money. It's about being involved, being productive, and making a contribution that makes people's lives better. if you do that, the money will take care of itself. I'd like to make a little money on my jigs, but it won't change my life. I started out to build a unit that would improve MY life. I did that, and then thought others might like one. If they do, great! If they don't I'll just do what I was doing when this idea occurred to me....go prospecting! But, I should make a reasonable effort to get the idea to the public, otherwise I'm not involved, I'm simply existing, and that's a poor way to go through life IMHO.
    Jim
    yea well I have a feeling you wouldn't spend twice as much going to trade shows as you have a chance to make.. More than one time around

us
    Dec 2018
    Alaska
    Nox 800
    438 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    yea well I have a feeling you wouldn't spend twice as much going to trade shows as you have a chance to make.. More than one time around
    Vendors doing the shows correctly will make most of their money long after the show is over
    Jim in Idaho and Goldwasher like this.

us
    Dec 2018
    Alaska
    Nox 800
    438 times
    Vendors doing the shows correctly will make most of their money long after the show is over
    ratled, Jim in Idaho and wildminer like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    3253 times
    Prospecting
    There's no limit on the potential profit, so you can't quantify that. I've done trade shows many times...mostly for a service business, and never made the cost of the show, at the show. It's all about introducing a product, or service.
    Jim
    Grizz12 and wildminer like this.

us
    Dec 2018
    Alaska
    Nox 800
    438 times
    so at this point is GPAA worth joining or are they on their way out?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    3253 times
    Prospecting
    The only reason I joined was I was planning on having a booth at their shows, and felt I should be a member to do that. To me, it wasn't worth it for the other "benefits".
    Jim

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12181 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    well I guees its quantified if it actually does give a boost in Biz.

interesting how many gold widget makers have done the circuit...yet they and the circuit are diminishing......

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    12181 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    so, my point stands if it doesn't "quantify" in the long run the" vendor" isn't gonna keep doing it.

Its an actual thing

All trade shows are lessening, conference centers, venues, closing etc. In every product catagory in our country.

Even fair grounds are struggling.. for their shows and the yearly showcase fairs attendance is down across the board for these types of events its sad.
    KevinInColorado likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links