Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know I found these minus 20 Babies in Paver sidewalk sand....go for it !:) 002.JPG

Darth Placer

Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look for the low spots were heavies will settle. Cracks, drops, open spans etc ... running a snuffer bottle over the cracks should show gold if its there.

Pyrite and black sands is promising

If your worried about onlookers throw on a yellow vest.... LOL

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Better yet, Yellow vest and a few traffic cones but, don't look like you're working hard or fast, that would be a dead giveaway you're not a city worker :tongue3:
Look for the low spots were heavies will settle. Cracks, drops, open spans etc ... running a snuffer bottle over the cracks should show gold if its there.

Pyrite and black sands is promising

If your worried about onlookers throw on a yellow vest.... LOL

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a hardhat. Good luck!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watch the Gold Fever episode where Tom gets gold out of the cracks in the LA River!

Some debate whether he used to "spike" the pans he showed but I bet there is some color. Also there was a story of a guy who used to clean out the sidewalk cracks in some areas of Manhattan. He would find tiny diamonds and gold. Doesn't LA have a "jewelry district" it would work that street for sure.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know someone who mines the gutters in San Francisco, I have never tried gutters but have had some luck in culvert pipes.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Redding we got some nice gold out of my buddies back alley driveway but AGAINST THE LAW HERE and they won :tongue3: John

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, they did not win, they only successfully Circumvented the Truth and idiots believed them.............63bkpkr

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watch the Gold Fever episode where Tom gets gold out of the cracks in the LA River!

Some debate whether he used to "spike" the pans he showed but I bet there is some color. Also there was a story of a guy who used to clean out the sidewalk cracks in some areas of Manhattan. He would find tiny diamonds and gold. Doesn't LA have a "jewelry district" it would work that street for sure.

Tom Massey is one of the biggest salter fake panners I've ever seen!

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
its not hard to find a few colors in a pan. why would he fake something so easy to achieve. i like his shows and am grateful for what his dad has done for outdoorsman.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its not hard to find a few colors in a pan. why would he fake something so easy to achieve. i like his shows and am grateful for what his dad has done for outdoorsman.
i'm not talking about a few flakes.

I'm talking about the episodes when he flips over rocks and acts all surprized by the picker or nugget he just found.

he is a terrible actor and he definetly salts for filming. Not "all" of it but he does

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And yes much respect for the Buzzard it would have Been nice if Tom was more like him.

So, yea I don't know why Tom does it

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

suberdave

May 22, 2012
Eagle Rock CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I bet you can find gold and small diamonds in the cracks. Just mumble to yourself while sweeping the cracks and no one would look at you.

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone stops you just try to bum a smoke or money from them and they will leave you alone. Better yet you can ask them if they have received Jesus in their heart that will send them running.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Avoid the embarrassment of panning the street....go out at night with a flash light like the rest of us. :headbang:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the rain we have had this year (A Lot) is bound to shake it loose all over the state. Happy Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread