Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Gold in the gutter

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2012
    Eagle Rock CA
    64 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Gold in the gutter

I live near Pasadena CA, it's been raining the past few days. Can anyone tell me what the odds are of finding any colors from the run off in the street. I don't really want to look like a crazy person sweeping the gutters. Thank. Happy hunting
    Nitric likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    8263 times
    You never know I found these minus 20 Babies in Paver sidewalk sand....go for it !Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	1671837

us
    May 2012
    Eagle Rock CA
    64 times
    I did scoop a little up yesterday, found some pyrite and black sand.
    RTR, mytimetoshine and Nitric like this.

us
    Mar 2013
    51 times
    Prospecting
    Look for the low spots were heavies will settle. Cracks, drops, open spans etc ... running a snuffer bottle over the cracks should show gold if its there.

Pyrite and black sands is promising

If your worried about onlookers throw on a yellow vest.... LOL

us
    Just Another Old Guy

Feb 2008
    Grays Harbor in Washington state
    Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it
    1136 times
    Prospecting
    Better yet, Yellow vest and a few traffic cones but, don't look like you're working hard or fast, that would be a dead giveaway you're not a city worker
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Placer View Post
    Look for the low spots were heavies will settle. Cracks, drops, open spans etc ... running a snuffer bottle over the cracks should show gold if its there.

Pyrite and black sands is promising

If your worried about onlookers throw on a yellow vest.... LOL
    I'm a drinker with a heavy prospecting problem and I'm out of dirt again

Charter Member
    us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800.
    2786 times
    And a hardhat. Good luck!
    suberdave likes this.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3102 times
    watch the Gold Fever episode where Tom gets gold out of the cracks in the LA River!

Some debate whether he used to "spike" the pans he showed but I bet there is some color. Also there was a story of a guy who used to clean out the sidewalk cracks in some areas of Manhattan. He would find tiny diamonds and gold. Doesn't LA have a "jewelry district" it would work that street for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

Charter Member
    us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    626 times
    Prospecting
    I know someone who mines the gutters in San Francisco, I have never tried gutters but have had some luck in culvert pipes.
    Nitric likes this.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6610 times
    Here in Redding we got some nice gold out of my buddies back alley driveway but AGAINST THE LAW HERE and they won John

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4204 times
    John, they did not win, they only successfully Circumvented the Truth and idiots believed them.............63bkpkr
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11241 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimetoshine View Post
    watch the Gold Fever episode where Tom gets gold out of the cracks in the LA River!

Some debate whether he used to "spike" the pans he showed but I bet there is some color. Also there was a story of a guy who used to clean out the sidewalk cracks in some areas of Manhattan. He would find tiny diamonds and gold. Doesn't LA have a "jewelry district" it would work that street for sure.

Tom Massey is one of the biggest salter fake panners I've ever seen!

if it flies, it dies

Jan 2015
    gpx 4500 sdc 2300
    1099 times
    ducks, bucks and gold
    its not hard to find a few colors in a pan. why would he fake something so easy to achieve. i like his shows and am grateful for what his dad has done for outdoorsman.
    got the fever? dont scratch the itch.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11241 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by beekbuster View Post
    its not hard to find a few colors in a pan. why would he fake something so easy to achieve. i like his shows and am grateful for what his dad has done for outdoorsman.
    i'm not talking about a few flakes.

I'm talking about the episodes when he flips over rocks and acts all surprized by the picker or nugget he just found.

he is a terrible actor and he definetly salts for filming. Not "all" of it but he does
    Darth Placer likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    11241 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    And yes much respect for the Buzzard it would have Been nice if Tom was more like him.

So, yea I don't know why Tom does it
    Last edited by Goldwasher; Jan 24, 2019 at 11:56 AM.

us
    May 2012
    Eagle Rock CA
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimetoshine View Post

I bet you can find gold and small diamonds in the cracks. Just mumble to yourself while sweeping the cracks and no one would look at you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links