Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: I need a scale

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    626 times
    Prospecting
    I don't do any match shooting though I am interested in doing so with my Garand. I mostly load for hunting, plinking and punching holes in paper at the range. I run a progressive press with throw type powder measure that doesn't have nearly the accuracy of a powder trickler and an Ohaus beam scale but it has produced plenty of nice ammo.

us
    Aug 2004
    Olympia WA
    Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
    1793 times
    Prospecting
    Ebay / Amazon literally has thousands of digital scales to choose from under $20. Just choose one that measures down to 0.01 gram. A 0.1 gram scale is not enough. Important to note that your powder scale is far more accurate.
    A previous post mentioned static electrical charge causing the really fine gold to cling to surfaces. This can be prevented by wiping everything down with an anti static dryer sheet. (ask your wife, she knows)

us
    - Finding more junk than treasure -

Mar 2010
    Black Hills, South Dakota
    White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
    156 times
    Prospecting
    I really wish I would have ordered one that went to at least .01g, although .001g would obviously be even better. I was having a difficult time trying to find one online that had favorable reviews and didn't cost a fortune and was more fine-tuned than just .1g.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4336 times
    If your just weighing for personal info , buy a cheap one and if your buying or selling gold buy a GOOD and ACURATE scale. I found that if it doesn't have REPEATABILITY DONT buy it or youll lose!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links