BOHMKER vs OREGON Submited to SCOTUS

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The PETITION FOR WRIT OF CERTIORARI in the Bohmker case against Oregon's ban on mining
was just submitted to the Supreme Court of the United States.
Click the link to read the petition to the SCOTUS, learn about this long, hard fought case
to protect your mining rights and to support our efforts.
Many thanks to our plaintiffs, to our attorney James L. Buchal, the staff attorneys at Pacific Legal Foundation
and to Tom Kitchar and Guy Michael for their legal expertise on this case.
Special shout out to New 49er's, American Mining Rights Association (AMRA)
and Public Lands For The People (PLP) for their generous financial support.

Oregon Miners Petition United States Supreme Court on Motorized Placer Mining Ban

Upvote 0
OP
OP
winners58

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
March 2, 2019

Many thanks to Pacific Legal Foundation for the filing of Amicus Curae in our Bohmker (Oregon SB 838/SB 3) case
submitted in Certiorari to the United States Supreme Court by the Galice Mining District and other organizations
on behalf of
American Mining Rights Assoc (AMRA),
Public Lands For The People (PLP),
Western Mining Alliance (WMA),
New 49ers,
Waldo Mining District,
Slate Creek Mining District,
Resources Coalation,
Bedrock Prospectors,
Oregon Mining Association,
American Exploration & Mining Association,
Baker County (OR) and Josephine County (OR).

This is the first time in the decade plus that I've worked on mining issues that I've ever seen so many organizations
come together to fight for one case. It is now or never to head off the rampant anti-mining scourge infecting the Far West.
from Kerby Jackson PDF linked. -
https://pacificlegal.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Bohmker-v.-Oregon-AC-Brief.pdf

Last edited:

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Still there is no mention of the fact that "motorized" activities and usage are allowed to occur by all other user groups. The only user group who is "denied" the right to use motors is the miner. It escapes me as to why that issue is not part of all the previous attempts to combat the earlier courts rulings. It escapes me...but I am no lawyer/attorney.

Bejay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread