Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree287Likes

Thread: Thinking of prospecting for gold full-time, need serious advice

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2014
    SoCal
    SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
    393 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by sherm View Post
    Say Butch here from Pa. You guys out in California drive over gold as you go to your places to prospect. Under your highways are corrugated drain pipe 4' to whatever, these are y.our sluice boxes. If you can fit, get a scoop and bucket or whatever it takes to suck up your material. Try downtown LA. Happy prospecting.
    I dug a bunch of dirt out of one in East Fork San Gabriel a few years back. Not one speck. Same story with some land I own just outside of Randsburg. Not worth the effort.

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4688 times
    Prospecting
    I have found color and lead in small catch basins at the head of a culvert pipe but never in one.

us
    Jan 2019
    Maine
    395 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenmojo View Post
    I have found color and lead in small catch basins at the head of a culvert pipe but never in one.
    Are you guys talking culvert bottoms, or open-bottom culverts (natural bottoms)?

Here, if the culvert has any size to it, they have to have a gravel bottom for Atlantic Salmon Passage.

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4688 times
    Prospecting
    I am talking about metal pipe culverts which vary in size 16”-6’ diameter. I have found nothing in them only upstream of them and then only if there was some form of catch there. I agree with hamfist, not worth the effort.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10445 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenmojo View Post
    I am talking about metal pipe culverts which vary in size 16”-6’ diameter. I have found nothing in them only upstream of them and then only if there was some form of catch there. I agree with hamfist, not worth the effort.
    In the civil engineering world they are called “self cleaning culvert”...gee I wonder why they named ‘em that way?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links