Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: GR white water: Father/son dynamic

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2017
    145 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Audozer View Post
    I honestly feel like Dustin is a huge douche bag. That being said, I think Fred is a very smart and safe individual that doesn’t receive the respect his years and years of experience demands. IF the show isn’t scripted like I believe it is, I think someone is going to (or needs to) hand Dustin his own ass for being a disrespectful prick. There’s no room for the drama that guy brings to the table in the setting those guys are trying to make a living in. Due to the potential income associated with the show and potential gold, the first time he came to me and wrongfully accused me of anything would be the same day I left the job site and would also be the day he got well acquainted with my lawyer
    What is a lawyer going to do? Ya'll must have worked some pretty cushy jobs to think that Dustin is that big of a Dbag. You have never been in the oilfield I can tell ya that! The show has to be scripted to some degree for sure. I know the guy that runs the camera boats for the show in nome and he said the production crew causes most of the drama. They will go make some crap up and tell one person that the other person said XXX about them so the next thing you know they are fighting just for the sake of drama on the show.

At the end of the day you get to see some cleanups with gold in them and you get to see some of the struggles. Beats the crap out of 99% of the touchy feely shows out there today.

us
    Aug 2015
    Montana
    etrac, GM 1000
    666 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by akflyer View Post
    What is a lawyer going to do? Ya'll must have worked some pretty cushy jobs to think that Dustin is that big of a Dbag. You have never been in the oilfield I can tell ya that!
    That's a pretty good one and most likely true....lol I remember my days on a rig and the driller constantly screaming... "make a bite", "set the slips", "put out on that", "stab that pipe", "grab those elevators", etc. etc....lol
    Last edited by oneguy; Feb 17, 2019 at 01:05 PM.
    akflyer likes this.

Jun 2017
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguy View Post
    That's a pretty good one and most likely true....lol I remember my days on a rig and the driller constantly screaming... "make a bite", "set the slips", "put out on that", "stab that pipe", "grab those elevators", etc. etc....lol
    and all the while calling you things that are no longer politically correct to call people but if you miss a bite I am sure you were called a certain part of a females anatomy at the very least.. For a bunch of people that swing a pick and use a shovel they seem pretty tender on here.
    N-Lionberger likes this.

us
    Sep 2007
    Where the pavement ends in NC
    10 times
    dont know what all the fuss is about. You guys could be forced to watch Survivor with your wife every freaking week
    b3y0nd3r, akflyer and Gold4Mike like this.
    mr007s,,,,,Life is Good

Take your "X" out tonight,,,,,
    One round should do it

us
    Aug 2011
    ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
    1084 times
    I honestly feel like Dustin is a huge douche bag. That being said, I think Fred is a very smart and safe individual that doesnít receive the respect his years and years of experience demands. IF the show isnít scripted like I believe it is, I think someone is going to (or needs to) hand Dustin his own ass for being a disrespectful prick. Thereís no room for the drama that guy brings to the table in the setting those guys are trying to make a living in. Due to the potential income associated with the show and potential gold, the first time he came to me and wrongfully accused me of anything would be the same day I left the job site and would also be the day he got well acquainted with my lawyer
    He is a hot head for sure but you know what, he owns up to his mistakes. Which is a lot more than I can say for most people these days.
    akflyer likes this.
    Bucket list still needed:
    • Silver thimble
    • Spanish silver
    • seated half
    • flying eagle
    • early copper
    • 1700's coin
    • 1600's coin
    • silver 3 cent piece
    • nickel 3 cent piece
    • seated quarter
    • capped bust silver
    • draped bust silver
    • silver dollar

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    8699 times
    These guys are nuts.How many times are they going to clean-out the same hole
    Gold4Mike likes this.

us
    Jan 2019
    Maine
    231 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mr007s View Post
    dont know what all the fuss is about. You guys could be forced to watch Survivor with your wife every freaking week
    You have my deepest sympathies...

I have four daughters and a wife, not to mention the cat, the dog, the bunny, and all but one of my sheep being female too. I swim in estrogen, and have to endure shows like Fixer-Upper and House Hunters.

us
    Jan 2019
    Maine
    231 times
    Prospecting
    Frank, from "Exploring Abandoned Mines", on YouTube said that Discovery was working with him for a possible show. I would like to see that (although I do not have cable TV). I kind of like the guy, he is like me; does everything alone, mutters to himself, is brave but not dangerous, gives as much information as he can about a mine, and is a farmer too!

Nov 2017
    178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by akflyer View Post
    Ya'll must have worked some pretty cushy jobs to think that Dustin is that big of a Dbag. You have never been in the oilfield I can tell ya that!
    So just because I chose a profession where respect is earned and given in return or youíre out means I have a cushy job? Letís see you go to work for him for months on end without pay all while your bills and mortgage are not being paid with no guarantee that you will be paid other than him saying ďthereís gold hereĒ and see how quiet you stay when he accuses you of anything you obviously didnít do. Iíd be all over a project like what they have taken on but Iím not putting my life in the hands of a man that takes every opportunity he gets to throw a 3 year oldís hissy fit when an elder with years of experience beyond his has a suggestion.

Nov 2017
    178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    These guys are nuts.How many times are they going to clean-out the same hole
    How would you get to the bedrock in that location if you were in charge

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    8699 times
    How would you get to the bedrock in that location if you were in charge
    Well you probably cant do it in today's EPA world but. On the first episode they talked about the old-timers diverting THAT stream (upstream) some place.And they removed the gold from dry-land.

Nov 2017
    178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by b3y0nd3r View Post
    He is a hot head for sure but you know what, he owns up to his mistakes. Which is a lot more than I can say for most people these days.
    If you were on his crew would you rather he owned his mistakes after the fact or put pride aside long enough to recognize them before they happen?

Nov 2017
    178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Well you probably cant do it in today's EPA world but. On the first episode they talked about the old-timers diverting THAT stream (upstream) some place.And they removed the gold from dry-land.
    Yes but the costs for that would be incredible

us
    Aug 2011
    ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
    1084 times
    If you were on his crew would you rather he owned his mistakes after the fact or put pride aside long enough to recognize them before they happen?
    ALL people make mistakes. Thats how we learn. I am sure if I worked for him, I would be irritated as well. However we aren't seeing the whole story. We aren't in his head. He manned up and said he was sorry and he was sincere about it. Does it make it right? That depends on the person he wronged.

As for getting the gold out of the basins in the stream, there are non-destructive ways to do it which I won't go into.

But one thing that would speed up the whole process would be a conveyor system for the big rocks.
    Audozer likes this.
    Bucket list still needed:
    • Silver thimble
    • Spanish silver
    • seated half
    • flying eagle
    • early copper
    • 1700's coin
    • 1600's coin
    • silver 3 cent piece
    • nickel 3 cent piece
    • seated quarter
    • capped bust silver
    • draped bust silver
    • silver dollar

us
    Hunting Guide - Gold Miner

Mar 2014
    Idaho
    508 times
    Prospecting
    There’s no disputing whether Dustin has a temper or not. He does and he admitted it on numerous occasions. The fact that he recognized and warned (his father) Fred that winching the buried suction hose could tear it (which is exactly what did happen), demonstrates he has some smarts. After realizing that he did in fact tear into the hose, Fred tapes the hose as if that will make it all better. “Most” dredgers know that any tape job on a tear/hole to a suction hose is at best a bandaid with a huge loss of suction power (as found out later in the episode). I can’t force myself to support the Arizona dredger that dredged much of the day with that bad suction hose and never once mentioned to anyone that there was inadequate suction. Conservatively speaking, the first five minutes on that taped up suction hose would have had me in an uproar. I have no doubt that I would have made it known but prior to this, I would have agreed with Dustin’s request to his father not to continue his winching for fear that it would do exactly what he said it would do. Credit Dustin on that one. With that said however, I do acknowledge that Fred has a wealth of mining experience. As for hiring an attorney, that would be ill advised and a complete waste of time and money. But hey, it’s your money to piss away. My advice to those individuals who wish to seek legal counsel after being accused of plugging up at a dredge, yelled at, or fired on someone’s Alaskan/Yukon claim, watch an episode of Deliverance. You might find it refreshing. There are no guarantees in mining and for you to believe there is, well you haven’t done enough mining. If you haven’t sufficient enough funds for your bills or mortgage payments to sustain you through such adverse mining endeavors, then you shouldn’t be out doing something that makes you so queasy. As the saying goes, “don’t quit your day job.”
    Last edited by IdahoGoldGettR; Feb 19, 2019 at 06:04 PM.
    akflyer likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links