Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: 110 to 12v

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11241 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimetoshine View Post
    I would never make it as an electrician. how does everyone run there 12v stuff at home? All battery or is there a decent converter out there. Everything I see online is for cell phones etc. I want to be able to run the pump for my blue bowl straight from the 110 outlet. help

i just run a battery charger to a cheap small car battery .

Put alligator clips on the leads to whatever needs ran.

easy on off that way.

mosst new battwery chargers have to sense a battery to start.

The batter also stops powere surging if the charger cycle changes.

Abot the same as Awsmbandits set up, but with a bigger charger
    Clay Diggins, johnedoe and russau like this.

us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    Bodfish and Marin county CA
    Garrett , Whites keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
    894 times
    Drywashing , Sluicing , Panning
    Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    Bodfish Lake Isabella?
    Yes - I'm there part of the year not full time.
    trdking likes this.
    Stay thirsty my friends

us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    Bodfish and Marin county CA
    Garrett , Whites keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
    894 times
    Drywashing , Sluicing , Panning
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    Miracle Hot Springs?
    Yes Miracle Hot Springs -- its about 10 min away , it has been rebuilt recently after the forest service knocked it down
    and closed it a few years back.
    New people at the FS now and they let a group of people rebuild.
    Nice spot to go on a cold day
    Clay Diggins likes this.
    Stay thirsty my friends

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    1954 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    I have a 13 Amp battery charger that I hook up to a deep cell battery and run off that.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

us
    Sep 2013
    Motherlode, CA
    Gold Bug Pro
    946 times
    I used to have a battery charger that I used (until someone left ir out in the rain). Now I just use jump starters. I purchased a few of them for the club's equipment trailer. Or you could just purchase a pond pump and plug it into the wall.
    russau likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    5107 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodfish Mike View Post
    Yes - I'm there part of the year not full time.
    My Buddy Dan has a Trailer in Bodfish. We go out there to hunt Quail and BobCat Used to fish there until they drained the lake.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    5107 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2448.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	1676669 These are handy as Hell for a bench top and you don't need to mess with battery or tenders. This one is up for grabs if anyone needs it? Pick it up from Santa Fe Springs Calif or Ill ship it to you.

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!

us
    Mar 2015
    Greenwich, NY
    Whites Coin Master Whites Gold Master GMT, High banker/dredge, DIY hand trommel, DIY Miller table, DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice, Keene A-52 sluice, 1693 Wheaties
    1314 times
    prospecting, metal detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaro View Post
    A standard automotive battery charger should power a bilge pump with no problem and you probably already have one of those. I hook my pump to a car battery to buffer the load and and then connect the charger to keep everything topped up.
    Exactly what I do to run my miller table.
    russau likes this.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3102 times
    Thanks for all the responses! I need a bigger battery I guess. This little guy will only run the pump for about 30 minutes and then takes over an hour to charge. I don't know if I can get both clips on the terminal lol. I had thought this charger could be used as a pass through so the battery was something light to take in the field.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190202_154812.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	1676929
    Nitric and trdking like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    9876 times
    Prospecting
    Thanks for all the responses! I need a bigger battery I guess. This little guy will only run the pump for about 30 minutes and then takes over an hour to charge. I don't know if I can get both clips on the terminal lol. I had thought this charger could be used as a pass through so the battery was something light to take in the field.Click image for larger version. 

Your charger is way undersized at only 3/4 amp. You will need a charger that's at least equivalent to the 3 amp draw of the pump if you want to use the battery continuously. 3 amps is 4 times more power than your 3/4 amp charger. Even then you would be much better off with at least a 5 amp charger/power source to avoid shortening the charger's useful life.

Heavy Pans

us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    5686 times
    This may have been mentioned......You can use a 12v Converter from motor homes and campers too...I pulled an 75 amp out a piece of equipment but it's the same idea. Some battery chargers will cycle(?) and cut on and off if you try to use one by its self the older the better....If your real bored you can build your own power supply pretty easily..A lot of online how to's.

Here's a couple of pics for the guys that like to find and use what's laying around like I do. You can find quality stuff cheaper at the scrap yard than you can buy new. You can charge batteries, or use it to power pretty much anything that you want. I haven't been able to hurt it yet. Just something to watch for when wandering scrap yards, I took this out of an older Arrow or Message Board on it's way to scrap. There are plenty of those sitting in back lots being parted out and these rarely go bad because they are inside the box out of the weather. Just throwing some ideas out there if you or you know of anyone with stuff sitting around, campers and motor homes are similar, they aren't always in an enclosure and sometimes just a plain looking circuit board..

Name:	20190202_234344.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	1677021

Name:	20190202_234302.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	4.18 MB 
ID:	1677020
    Last edited by Nitric; Feb 03, 2019 at 12:21 AM.
    Clay Diggins and russau like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    5107 times

If you want the 10AMP inverter I posted in the prior threads PM me your address and I will ship it to you. Its the way to go

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3102 times
    trdking. Pm sent. Thank you!
    Clay Diggins and Asmbandits like this.
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    5107 times
    trdking. Pm sent. Thank you!
    My guy will ship it Thursday. Cheers

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    3102 times
    The converter works perfect! Thank you Trdking!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links