West coast storms ------- Forecasting up to 10 ft in SIERRAS = WATCHOUT !

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We do not have any snow in Maine. Rain and 40 degrees today. We got one storm all winter...17 inches, big deal. It is supposed to hit 0 degrees tonight with high winds though...

I got a 20 KW generator for backup power, so it means nothing to me if a tree hits a line, but wood pellets are hard to come by now. I am mixing corn in to make what I have stretch...

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got 3 more inches of snow and more to come for the next 12 days.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got another 7.5 inches this Friday to Saturday morning, now just got another 4 inches and more to come

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Northeastern Cal. very near Reno, Nv, The aturday sorm dumped well over a foot of the white stuff. The high winds made it white out and blizzard conditions. They are forcasting another foot Tusday into Wednesday.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have 18" on the deck and it still falling hard

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went to Auburn on Saturday it was rainy and cold, on the way back up north on the 101 it started snowing around Laytonville, by the time we got up to Arcata we were slipping and sliding they shut the 101 down shortly after we went through, blew my head I'm not used to skidding around like that at sea level .

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went to Auburn on Saturday it was rainy and cold, on the way back up north on the 101 it started snowing around Laytonville, by the time we got up to Arcata we were slipping and sliding they shut the 101 down shortly after we went through, blew my head I'm not used to skidding around like that at sea level .

Please be careful and think about your speed and what you have going on where the rubber meets the road. We had a terrible accident on 101 that took 2 innocent lives in a lost control incident in snowy conditions here at sea level. Don't want to say any more, but it was very tragic. We seem to have a real winter going on lately. God bless.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Finally it is melting, rain has come in

I had a total of 25" of nice fluffy snow. Now 24 hours of rain has turned it into 16" of sloppy cold slurpie crap...more snow is on the way:hello2:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a total of 25" of nice fluffy snow. Now 24 hours of rain has turned it into
16" of sloppy cold slurpie crap...more snow is on the way:hello2:

Not so lucky up here in Concrete (Skagit Valley). We're buried in the stuff.

With the cold air rolling off Mount Baker and the North Cascades, it stays
a bit colder here. Been living here for 16 years, and this is the most snow
we're ever had.

Here's a pic of the driveway I took late this afternoon. My truck is an '87
4x4, and the tires are 32" tall.

DSC_0036.jpg

It's still snowing here, and now it's above the front bumper.

Here's a shot of the house and the river:

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

River looks beautiful, but I'd bet that waters damn cold! cold-1.jpg

Making it all worse, my wife is in the hospital at UW since last Friday,
and that's 120 miles away. Maybe coming home tomorrow (they
transport her). Nothing overly serious, fortunately, but I have to shovel
a path from the house to the road, as she can't walk in snow over a couple
inches deep.

..and we're supposed to get more on Thurs. and Fri. GAAAHsmiley.gif

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of snow in Mariposa county too, the area I was prospecting in is now completely underwater. I dug a two feet hole there that had lots of gold and when I went back to look at it last week it was just completely filled in now. Fortunately I put a tarp underneath there beforehand held down with rocks so I should be able to easily get back to it when the water levels drop again.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, interesting warm weather coming in with a storm. About 4200' and lower it will rain with snow higher up. NFAR jumped drastically this past week, be interesting to see what it does the next seven days.............63bkpkr

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, tuesday night that huge oak tree out in front of the RV decided it was time to become horizontal. At least 100 feet tall and 54 inches at the base. About a ten foot rootball and got lucky that only one branch penetrated the front of the RV. Another ten feet to the north and it would of cut this thing in half. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. Lots of fire wood tho'.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmm, interesting warm weather coming in with a storm. About 4200' and lower it will rain with snow higher up. NFAR jumped drastically this past week, be interesting to see what it does the next seven days.............63bkpkr

The NF should get a good rise. Traffic was stopped over the hill this week due to snow and it is a warm storm passing through. Should be lots of melt and possibly 15-20k flows.

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The NF should get a good rise. Traffic was stopped over the hill this week due to snow and it is a warm storm passing through. Should be lots of melt and possibly 15-20k flows.

Felt like I had that kind of flow under my house. 40 acres of 18" snow melt goes in on one side of the house and out the other side. My whole yard was under 3" of water last week. Today, it's snowing.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now, do you want the firewood or can it be sold for lumber? That would have really messed up anything, man-made, it fell on!...........63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread