Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Choked out a lion

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2019
    Maine
    170 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by wildminer View Post
    Nice. You just gotta love a cat skinner in heels and shorts!
    You mean high heels and a miniskirt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Katie Holding Chainsaw.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	1678120
    wildminer, rodoconnor and et1955 like this.

us
    Jan 2019
    Maine
    170 times
    Prospecting
    All kidding aside, she can operate my equipment, mostly because if I ever got hurt, I wanted her to be able to move the machines around in an emergency. She loves the Kubota, loves the excavator, will tolerate the bulldozers (she thinks they are rough-riding), but HATES the skidders because of the noise. They are shrill...

But she can cat skin in Keds and a dress too... (LOL)

(Joseph T: I do own a Caterpillar Skidder too...so do not get too upset at me/Katie!) (LOL)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4292.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	3.62 MB 
ID:	1678121
    Nitric and et1955 like this.

MAGA

Dec 2015
    Oregon Coast
    719 times
    Prospecting
    You "guys" are awesome. That Husky saw is no lightweight either! The loggers out west soup them up.

us
    Jan 2019
    Maine
    170 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by wildminer View Post
    You "guys" are awesome. That Husky saw is no lightweight either! The loggers out west soup them up.
    That is a 562 Husky, but honestly I HATE it. Hate is a strong word too, but it is really a gutless chainsaw. The dealership said it was a "disposable" saw, and they were right. Buy it for $700, run it for a year, then trade it in for a new one...if you can keep the thing from rattling apart!

I liked the Stihl much better, a MS 461, but that is a $1100 saw and not $700 too. You get what you pay for, but you do not get much when you run a Stihl MS 461 over with a skidder though. That was a bad day. I admit I said some bad words on that fiasco!

Stihl is coming out with a MS 500 but it is 100% fuel injected and not auto-tune, so I will wait until that comes out before I replace the !@#$%^&* 562 Husky! Did I mention I hate that chainsaw! But I have to get better first, I have not cut wood in over a year now. :-(
    Last edited by OreCart; Feb 06, 2019 at 05:21 PM.
    wildminer and et1955 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7706 times
    The Truth
    The guy is lucky the cat didnt get the chance to give him the death kick.From house cats its bad enough,imagine an 80 pound cat doing it.It would be like 10 razor knives going through your gut.

YOU KNOW MY STANCE,LIVE FREE OR DIE

Liberals,too stupid to know that they are really communists.

A mans rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth
    becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

us
    Mar 2012
    1636 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That's a tough way to go

us
    Oct 2015
    Northern Nevada
    MineLab GPZ 7000 Garrett ATX Pro
    439 times
    Prospecting
    Wonder if the cat tried to tap out lol.

us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    5659 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OreCart View Post
    You are a better man than me. I got tangled up with a cougar and could not get away. Here is a picture of her all choked up, and incidentally she does not make for a bad Cat Skinner either (not to mention a wonderful wife and mother).

Cougar=Katie
    Choked up= Cables hooked up to the trees on the skidder
    Cat Skinner=Heavy Equipment Operator

Attachment 1678053

haha...That's awesome!! I make jokes ...but I got a good one too...Not afraid to get dirty, loves camping,panning(the little that we've gone so far),rock hounding, looking for arrowheads, etc...She can mig and tig weld better than I can!

I've told this before.....On our property there are holes in the sandstone....Some are bigger caves that you can walk in and some are just small holes that you can barely get in that go in a few feet or so....The first couple times over there we were exploring and there was a hole I was afraid to mess around too much because of animal tracks and I had no flash light. We were up at the bigger cave, about 10ft ceiling goes in about 30 ft or so,, more of a rock overhang. I turned around and she was gone.......I started yelling for her after I looked around a little and she came crawling out of the small hole.......telling me..."There's nothing in there you pu##y, just a bunch of bones and a few beer cans!!"... More guts than I had that day...Shes lucky there wasn't a coyote or even a bobcat in there. haha crawl in there backing it into a corner.

We have a lot of fun...I'd be lost without her.
    Rail Dawg and et1955 like this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11216 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Dawg View Post
    Wonder if the cat tried to tap out lol.
    they use their tails...so, the guy must not have noticed
    mytimetoshine likes this.

us
    Jan 2019
    Maine
    170 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitric View Post
    haha...That's awesome!! I make jokes ...but I got a good one too...Not afraid to get dirty, loves camping,panning(the little that we've gone so far),rock hounding, looking for arrowheads, etc...She can mig and tig weld better than I can!

I've told this before.....On our property there are holes in the sandstone....Some are bigger caves that you can walk in and some are just small holes that you can barely get in that go in a few feet or so....The first couple times over there we were exploring and there was a hole I was afraid to mess around too much because of animal tracks and I had no flash light. We were up at the bigger cave, about 10ft ceiling goes in about 30 ft or so,, more of a rock overhang. I turned around and she was gone.......I started yelling for her after I looked around a little and she came crawling out of the small hole.......telling me..."There's nothing in there you pu##y, just a bunch of bones and a few beer cans!!"... More guts than I had that day...Shes lucky there wasn't a coyote or even a bobcat in there. haha crawl in there backing it into a corner.

We have a lot of fun...I'd be lost without her.
    Awwww...that is great. I am glad you got such a wonderful wife. She does sound swesome...as well as brave!

Mine is really doing well with having to go back to work, and picking up where I leave off since I have no energy at all now. I feel insanely guilty, but I have a Dr appointment next week where I hope she can figure out a way to help me.
    et1955 and Nitric like this.

us
    captain

Dec 2016
    ohio
    bounty hunter time ranger
    175 times
    I was amazed at story when i heard it and realize how strong the force of self preservation can really be. I have heard more stories of immature mountain lions attacking a pet and a woman pulling it off only to realize it was a mountain lion.
    Nitric likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    3910 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James Cash View Post
    The guy is lucky the cat didnt get the chance to give him the death kick.From house cats its bad enough,imagine an 80 pound cat doing it.It would be like 10 razor knives going through your gut.

That thought occured to me too. Even so, the guy fought back, didn't cover his head and scream until it shreaded him.
    Red James Cash likes this.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    7706 times
    The Truth
    I want to see him choke this cat out

A mans rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    11967 times
    Metal Detecting
    Never been in combat with a cougar, but get on its back and choke it is best to avoid claws

I have killed African lions and bengal tigers, I prefer ramming my fist down their throat and staring into their eyes till they pass
    GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE, WERE FULL UP HERE

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    7706 times
    The Truth
    Better put those mushrooms down jeff.
    jeff-gordon and 63bkpkr like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links