Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a better man than me. I got tangled up with a cougar and could not get away. Here is a picture of her all choked up, and incidentally she does not make for a bad Cat Skinner either (not to mention a wonderful wife and mother).

Cougar=Katie
Choked up= Cables hooked up to the trees on the skidder
Cat Skinner=Heavy Equipment Operator

View attachment 1678053

haha...That's awesome!! I make jokes ...but I got a good one too...Not afraid to get dirty, loves camping,panning(the little that we've gone so far),rock hounding, looking for arrowheads, etc...She can mig and tig weld better than I can!

I've told this before.....On our property there are holes in the sandstone....Some are bigger caves that you can walk in and some are just small holes that you can barely get in that go in a few feet or so....The first couple times over there we were exploring and there was a hole I was afraid to mess around too much because of animal tracks and I had no flash light. We were up at the bigger cave, about 10ft ceiling goes in about 30 ft or so,, more of a rock overhang. I turned around and she was gone.......I started yelling for her after I looked around a little and she came crawling out of the small hole.......telling me..."There's nothing in there you pu##y, just a bunch of bones and a few beer cans!!"...:laughing7: More guts than I had that day...Shes lucky there wasn't a coyote or even a bobcat in there. haha crawl in there backing it into a corner.

We have a lot of fun...I'd be lost without her.

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
haha...That's awesome!! I make jokes ...but I got a good one too...Not afraid to get dirty, loves camping,panning(the little that we've gone so far),rock hounding, looking for arrowheads, etc...She can mig and tig weld better than I can!

I've told this before.....On our property there are holes in the sandstone....Some are bigger caves that you can walk in and some are just small holes that you can barely get in that go in a few feet or so....The first couple times over there we were exploring and there was a hole I was afraid to mess around too much because of animal tracks and I had no flash light. We were up at the bigger cave, about 10ft ceiling goes in about 30 ft or so,, more of a rock overhang. I turned around and she was gone.......I started yelling for her after I looked around a little and she came crawling out of the small hole.......telling me..."There's nothing in there you pu##y, just a bunch of bones and a few beer cans!!"...:laughing7: More guts than I had that day...Shes lucky there wasn't a coyote or even a bobcat in there. haha crawl in there backing it into a corner.

We have a lot of fun...I'd be lost without her.

Awwww...that is great. I am glad you got such a wonderful wife. She does sound swesome...as well as brave!

Mine is really doing well with having to go back to work, and picking up where I leave off since I have no energy at all now. I feel insanely guilty, but I have a Dr appointment next week where I hope she can figure out a way to help me.

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was amazed at story when i heard it and realize how strong the force of self preservation can really be. I have heard more stories of immature mountain lions attacking a pet and a woman pulling it off only to realize it was a mountain lion.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The guy is lucky the cat didnt get the chance to give him the death kick.From house cats its bad enough,imagine an 80 pound cat doing it.It would be like 10 razor knives going through your gut.

That thought occured to me too. Even so, the guy fought back, didn't cover his head and scream until it shreaded him.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never been in combat with a cougar, but get on its back and choke it is best to avoid claws

I have killed African lions and bengal tigers, I prefer ramming my fist down their throat and staring into their eyes till they pass

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have killed African lions and bengal tigers, I prefer ramming my
fist down their throat and staring into their eyes till they pass

Jeff..you're the most dependable guy on the site.....to be full of bullshit.jpg

:occasion14: :occasion14: :occasion14: :occasion14: :occasion14:

Mitch Dickson

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A cougar is no joke boys!!! Always carry bear spray, and I carry a 10mm glock ;) Parked at the old McFarlane rd. once. Hiked down to Coker creek. It had been raining. As I came back there was mountain lion tracks in my tracks!!!!! Almost dropped a little mud right there! You best be aware!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread