base camps and locations

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening all, I know a lot of you hardened miners out there live on your claims when you are mining them. Being an out of state hack that comes into your borders and mines your minerals and leaves. I see some of the more experienced propectors either live within a few hundred miles ( just a guess ) or you live out of storage locker,( just kidding). I sorry but I have some equipment stored at my wife's cousin's house in phoenix and really just have hand tools stored there but can't really store what I really want to use in the furture. Do the majority of you rent storage lockers for your equipment and do you use all terrain vehicles stored elsewhere. I guess I need some guidiance on how to become more involved without moving out there yet.

Upvote 0

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you get going, you will have a garage full of just mining equipment before you know it.
I've got gear in my house, truck, camper and a full 40' shipping container!

My best advice is to figure out your primary and most important tools and focus on just those until your discovery can justify bigger n better equipment.

You can carry quite a bit in your vehicle and or trailer. Maybe get yourself and enclose prospecting trailer that you haul around with you. Could double as a bunkhouse too.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My equipment lives at my house, my parents house, my truck, my workshop and some of it resides at one of the claims. I live about 2 hours from my main diggings.

Strebs

May 16, 2014
New Mexico
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How i did mining 10+ hrs away was packed everything in truck n trailer, stay for 3 weeks and rented out a single car garage at the local storage yard. Enough to hold the trailer n equipment. Would go home for a week to resupply. The diesel and maintenance on trailer/truck outweighted the cost of storage for me.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haul all my crap 2500 miles round trip. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1550339993.931215.jpg

OP
OP
B

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice set up okbasspro that's what I'm thinking I will eventually build up to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions